ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alpine type R 10 inch sub wiring question

corsa D / 172 clio
hi guys
i have been working on putting the system in my 182 and it gone well so far.
i have purchased a alpine type R 10" sub in a box and when i went to check the wiring inside the box before fitting it i have noticed it is wired up completely differently than subs i have had before.:S
as well as the normal positive and negative connections it has two other wires that link around the sub as well.
could anyone explain this to me please its as if the sub has 2 voice coils?
if it has got 2 voice coils would there be any way to connect 2 amps to it (i have a spare identical amp to the one im running it with now)
sorry if this is a stupid question but i had to ask!!:eek:
cheers:D

clio 182
it sounds like its a dual voice coil my 12" as one i dunno if you can wire them to two amps tho i got mine showing a 2 ohm load

corsa D / 172 clio
thanks for the reply mate i have now found that when i crank it up a bit the amp im using is not big enuff to power it properly and it keeps fading in and out so im going to get a bigger amp! look out e bay here i come! lol

Polo + Micra
you need to make sure you get an amp that matches the voice coil impedance

you could run it off two amp but it would take a hell of a lot setting up

corsa D / 172 clio
you need to make sure you get an amp that matches the voice coil impedance

you could run it off two amp but it would take a hell of a lot setting up

when you say "a hell of a lot of setting up" could you be a bit more specific please?

is the setting up something i could do myself?

the amps i have are alpine MRP-T220 x 2 (i think they are 140 rms bridged) but just no where near the 300 rms of the sub!

any help and advice would be most welcome.

cheers

corsa D / 172 clio
ahh right i think i might give that idea a miss then!! lol
i think i have found a much bigger amp now so will see how that goes
cheers