ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternative wheels for ph1 172

ph1 19 16v, ph1 172
So... since OZ F1s seem to be made of Plasticine or material of similar consistency and/or the roads in this country are just too crap for them, a couple of mine are now more egg shaped than round.

Additionally, replacing them appears to be a search for rocking horse sh1t and expensive when you actually do manage to find them.

On top of that, I share this car with my missus so it hardly seems worth replacing expensive lightweight easily damaged wheels for her to attempt to reshape the local kerbs with.

So getting to the point - what else is any good?

I want:

Not too expensive
15s (cheaper tyres)
correct offset
OE Renault (not necessarily from a clio though)
don't look totally naff, or as least naff as possible

Anyone used the 'alium' wheels from a lower spec clio (Extreme etc) - I think they're 15" 6J versions of the 182 wheels?

$(KGrHqF,!pEFHo+zMvS)BR6Y0WquSw~~60_35.jpg

Or even something like these from a scenic?

$(KGrHqFHJB8FH(uoc,Y!BR4CsImjE!~~60_1.jpg

Any other ideas?

Ph1 172 (titanium)
How many do you need. I have one sitting in my shed. Absolutely fresh, completely straight, no tire!

ph1 19 16v, ph1 172
OK, so I've identified a couple of options for cheapo replacement (semi-temporary) wheels. Both are 15" but 6J as opposed to 7J for the F1s but being designed for a family bus vehicle, should be more than man enough to stand up to being used on the roads around here... opinions?

Original:
157_5931.JPG

Renault 'Lynx' (from megane scenic)
cliolynx.jpg

Renault 'Ostra' (again from megane scenic)
clioostra.jpg

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
'IF' you take the alternative 'cheap wheel' style option, of the two choices above... the 'Ostra' get my vote. 'Lynx' look like you've made a 172 rep. IMO lol