ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator problem

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Think i have found the source of the burning smell i told you all about yesterday.

Took it to see my mate at the garage today and although at first baffled he then found out the battery is only providing 12v. We checked the alternator and its running temp was 147degrees!!

Before i go and order a new one at around £300 with fitting has anyone else had this problem? Cars 3.5 years old and done 31000miles.

Cheers Adam

Go to a Renault dealership if you have a ful Renault service and ask about a contribution form Renault UK.

It can happen best check the wires for shorts and bad conncetors

renault 5 turbo clio 172
I had the same trouble a few weeks ago on the way to the FCS. Took alternator to refurb man and it tripped his machine out! Apparently its the diode pack which goes. Dont bother trying to do the job if you are not super handy with the spanners as its a pig! Do the alternator belt and tensioner while your there as its nearly due for changing at 36k.;)

I had the same trouble a few weeks ago on the way to the FCS. Took alternator to refurb man and it tripped his machine out! Apparently its the diode pack which goes. Dont bother trying to do the job if you are not super handy with the spanners as its a pig! Do the alternator belt and tensioner while your there as its nearly due for changing at 36k.;)

You should chnage it its the procedure to replace it.