ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alternator question

clio 1.6 16v
my alternator has just gone steeler wants over 500 :O so i was like screw it il get my mate to do it, i have a 1.6 16v 51 plate clio with all the extras including a/c what alternator will i need/where is best place to source a sensibly priced one.
cheeeerrrs

172 cup- suzu rf600r
hey mate, if i was you id head on down to the scrappers and get one, youl be looking at something more like fifty quid i would guesstimate, the easiest way to get a match would be to get an alternator off the same make/model as yours though other renaults may fit, the scrap man will often know what else might fit.

you can also try motorfactors for muchous cheaper aftermarket alternators, or have a look for companys offering reconditioned ones, if you cant get a local scrappys with the right one google renault spares and you will find national breakers brokers which can source for you, but whatever you do dont buy from the dealers unless you absolutely have to