ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aluminium tax disk holder (confussed)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Hi all

Im sure this is a simple one, bought my new elise at the weekend and came to fit my aly tax disk holder that i alway put on, stuck the little sticky pads on the screws, but only used 3 (as this is all i had at the time) well it wouldnt get hold as the screen is very curved, i have spacer that i got with this ages ago but never used it as all my other cars have had flat screens, how does the spacer work?? the only way i can think is to stick a sticky pad behind the spacer (ie to the tax disk holder then use another one to hold it to the screen, is this what its for???

Cheers Paul

I guess your talking about the Richbrook ones ?
If so I just put the spacer in between two if the sticky tabs, I used five tabs to hold it on though (i believe halfords still sell the pack thing with the allen key & spaecers etc in it) if not they are on ebay.

I heated up the screen when fitting it as it was cold & wouldn't stick any other way.
I like it, but changing the actual tax disc is crap.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
thanks^^ went to get some at dinner, i think my biggest problem i was trying to use just 3 as i normaly do, but this wouldnt work this time!! (what with the curve)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
what did you do chris stick the spacer to the tax disk holder then stick it to the screen - ie rasing one edge??