ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I a wimp? (getting 182 wheels off)

Orange 182
Is there a nack to getting these wheels off? I'm just switching my fronts to back and its as if the wheels have been fookin welded to the hub!

I've done 20k without ever taking them off before, but I didn't think it would be this hard. I don't want to resort to using a mallet, has anyone else found it difficult?

Going to try some release oil before I call Geoff Capes.

Ive heard this to be quite common on 182's cos in the factory they didnt lube the faces before fitting the wheels (saving money!)

You can shift them by slackening the bolts off then lowering the car back down. This should cause the wheel to twist slightly and so release it. Hope it works for you!

Put some oil on or something before refitting!

Cheers

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
mine seemed fine when i swapped mine over. yr just a wimp! ;)

Orange 182
Managed to get it off now and I only suffered a minor hernia ;)

Adding some oil before they go back on definately sounds like a good idea...

Cheers guys

BMW M135i
Yeh I had this problem when I first took them off, just got a bit of wood and prised them off. Put some copperslip on and they came off a dream when I did my cambelt.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Loony said:
you want copperslip not oil.

Keep oil, normal grease etc away from hubs as heat involved will make it run, creep.

Copperslip is as good!

As above copper grease...and what all this *****ing about with mallets and blocks of wood, just kick the fucker, lol