ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon eero 6+ mesh Wi-Fi 6 router system

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I’ve had this a while but only just got round to setting it up.

I’m well impressed!

Getting these speeds throughout the entire house.

DAB7E2FE-EB6B-4522-BFDA-5B166736FFD5.jpeg

Just need to get one more hub for my man cave/studio

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I was using an old apple airport extreme and thought it was the best until I discovered Netgear RBR350 — Orbi AX1800 WiFi 6 Dual-band Mesh Router.

Can go to any point in the house and get the full download speed I pay for.
Pay for 250 and get 250 / more.

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 7.15.57 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 7.22.29 pm.png

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Can't believe your speeds....

I've been waiting for Fibre for 2 years...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217_190854_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20230217_190854_Speedtest.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 47

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I bought these because my virgin broadband got so bad it wouldn’t even connect to my smart tv in the other room. I can connect to it down the bottom of the garden now. Unreal bit of kit.

Ye my range isn't too bad, it's just the garden I lose coverage so have a virgin pod thing that extends the signal in kitchen and into garden.
5 quid a month extra on my bill for that though.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Random thread resurrection, the Eero pro is half price at the moment (although knowing Amazon it probably always is 😂) so I picked up a two pack.

Really impressed so far, setup was super simple and my speeds are now consistent across the whole house.

Haven’t gone for any of the subscription guff. Hopefully it’s reliable, this is only day one….

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I’m looking at a mesh system so I can bin off my plug extenders.

Do they all have LAN sockets with them or are they WiFi only?

My router is in the dining room which is in the middle of the bungalow and I want good coverage to the front and rear of it so I’m thinking a 3 pack. One plugs into the router if I’m not mistaken, and then two others run via WiFi.
My walls are all solid brick and WiFi from the router to mine and my son’s bedroom at the moment is s**t so use a plug extenders which still isn’t great.

Ideally the connection would reach to his bedroom for the second box and I can then plug his Switch, Tv and TV box into it. The same for our bedroom for the TV etc.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Not all brands do.
My orbi rbk953 does, but the likes of the tenda ones don't (or didn't, when I last looked)

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I’m looking at a mesh system so I can bin off my plug extenders.

Do they all have LAN sockets with them or are they WiFi only?

My router is in the dining room which is in the middle of the bungalow and I want good coverage to the front and rear of it so I’m thinking a 3 pack. One plugs into the router if I’m not mistaken, and then two others run via WiFi.
My walls are all solid brick and WiFi from the router to mine and my son’s bedroom at the moment is s**t so use a plug extenders which still isn’t great.

Ideally the connection would reach to his bedroom for the second box and I can then plug his Switch, Tv and TV box into it. The same for our bedroom for the TV etc.
The Eero pro have two Ethernet sockets on them, so that would work. You’d need an Ethernet switch too but they’re dirt cheap.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The Eero pro have two Ethernet sockets on them, so that would work. You’d need an Ethernet switch too but they’re dirt cheap.

Nice. I've got one of those for the living room to connect the TV and Sky box via a plug extender. I'll just grab another for the bedroom if WiFi isn't strong enough.
I'll see how the new BT setup is in a few weeks when it gets installed before deciding how many I need to buy.