ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So I thought I'd give it a go.

Xmbc is still s**t. The TV thing is the only good bit, but even that goes down. People get so hyped on 'but it's free' yes, but it's f**king terrible.

I want to watch the rugby, turn on Xbmc and that TV app, oh it's not working at the moment... So I miss the rugby.

It's like a really s**t novelty to show your friends that you're up to date and cool as f**k, but the reality is when your mrs wants to watch the notebook or some s**t you spend 25 minutes trying to find an addon that it'll load with. In which time you could have downloaded a torrent and be watching it.

Great concept, but s**t due to its unreliability.

LOL. Havent had a problem with ours so far. Sure you just havent got a w**k internet connection?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My apple TV used to be up and down. My amazon fire is click and play on any films. If it isn't, it's your internet.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
sometimes the internet issue is made worse by a wifi connection. My PI2 connected via ethernet works perfectly. However most of the time I use XBMC for it's intended purposes IE to catalog media etc.. that I have collected. I rarely watch streams on it to be fair.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
So I thought I'd give it a go.

Xmbc is still s**t. The TV thing is the only good bit, but even that goes down. People get so hyped on 'but it's free' yes, but it's f**king terrible.

I want to watch the rugby, turn on Xbmc and that TV app, oh it's not working at the moment... So I miss the rugby.

It's like a really s**t novelty to show your friends that you're up to date and cool as f**k, but the reality is when your mrs wants to watch the notebook or some s**t you spend 25 minutes trying to find an addon that it'll load with. In which time you could have downloaded a torrent and be watching it.

Great concept, but s**t due to its unreliability.

so people use XBMC to "showoff" to their friends that they are up to date and cool? okay.. God damn XBMC hipsters.

plus rather than stream a movie for your missus, clearly the better idea is to download a copy which would be better anyway. Then use XBMC for it's intended purpose to view the movie? streaming a movie is so pointless when you can download one in minutes nowadays.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Tbf, people seem to spend more time telling people they can stream anything they want than they actually spend doing it.

They do? i'm clearly not in the right social circles lol.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I use mine several times a week. Watched Jurassic park and mad max (don't waste your time) on the weekend. I'd be lost without mine. The mrs uses it for catching up on series.
I cannot remember the last time I download a film.

So how easy is it to install the Kodi onto your Fire stick(Yes I seen the video Cookson posted)

In real terms though for someone with a basic PC knowledge? when he talks about Winrar and unzipping or whatever I'm lost.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
They do? i'm clearly not in the right social circles lol.
You've been on this forum long enough to see it surely? I kinda agree with Rob, I nearly always torrent because once it's done it's done, and it's usually quicker than finding a good source through XBMC and doing the catchpa and all that jazz.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
You've been on this forum long enough to see it surely? I kinda agree with Rob, I nearly always torrent because once it's done it's done, and it's usually quicker than finding a good source through XBMC and doing the catchpa and all that jazz.

I always torrent. As once you have the movie, it's there for good. In better quality too. Then use XBMC as my media player/catalogue. Rather than most people's method of throwing it on a usb stick. (plus some tv's struggle with high bit-rate movies via usb stick)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
If you're searching for the newest thing out in the cinema it will, they don't appear for a while after launch. Series and films 2/3 months old seem to be good to go for. Not a bad thing really, who wants to watch shite quality cams these days.
They do put up the place holder for the new films though, just with no sources. That's what you'll have come across.

Got it working had to update my old XBMC to Golem the latest version. Seems pretty good actually, thanks.

Jurassic World for me tonight, the fire stick can go in the bedroom.

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Just got my second one setup downstairs, works well. Only using iVue & Genesis currently.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Just got my second one setup downstairs, works well. Only using iVue & Genesis currently.

Thats pretty much all I use on the firestick. Oh and the internet radio for when I'm pottering about the house.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Bought one today, got it working ivue and got genesis installed from fusion and working [emoji106] watching game of thrones now

White APE
Interested in getting one of these. Watched the above vid about Kodi but got a bit lost on how to do it (noob). Anyone wanna set one up? Lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Interested in getting one of these. Watched the above vid about Kodi but got a bit lost on how to do it (noob). Anyone wanna set one up? Lol
You're the chap that lives in frimley right? I'd set one up but you'd have to come get it. Posting is a pain in the ass.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I'd setup one for you if no-one closer offers (I'm in Staines)

quick one as im at work. does kodi have plex and is it free?
Chromecast plex is free but the Amazon stick plex is £3 a month so obviously i don't want to pay that!

How the f**k do you close a menu on navi x?
Say there's a video playing. You knock the remote and it pulls up the menu, how do you get back to the video?

Clio 172 cup
Just put showbox on your android box and use droid players image for xbmc/kodi that way you will have all the best quality films etc that are available. On the openbox front you need a dish set up to 28.2 East if you want UK sky and Internet connection Ethernet cable unless you buy a wireless dongle for it then you need a N line that's your subscription usually about £40 a year for all channels and ppv fights. Openbox is the most basic box though good starting point though.