ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMG Cherry Breaking - A45 content

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Picking up next week. Will be my first Merc. Yes, it has no aero pack. The owner who had it built to spec lived in central Birmingham and was terrified it would get stolen. Having thought about it, I actually prefer it without, but I know it's a popular option. Beyond that, perforated full leather and the big black feet, it's fully loaded with 16,000 miles.

2018-01-04-15.49.56.jpg

2018-01-04-15.57.03.jpg

2018-01-04-15.57.33.jpg

2018-01-04-16.13.23.jpg

2018-01-04-16.19.19.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Absolutely beautiful mate. Congrats! Bet the days are dragging!!
I think it looks really nice on those wheels, different to the usual black multi spokes.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Love them without the aero kit and the other wheels too.

Would’ve gone for grey myself but I think they’re brilliant cars. Good choice!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Echo what’s said above much nicer without the ridiculous frills, bet it will catch out quite a few people too.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent. Have to say I’m on the ‘No Aero Kit’ side of the fence. Big wings and tacky canards are sooo not Merc. Mercs are all about sleekness.

Bet it absolutely f**king flies too.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I’d 100% also buy one without the aero kit.

I was going to buy one a while back - couldn’t decide between the aero kit or non aero/povo exteriorwith A180d badges ?

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I don't like them without the aerokit, just looks like so dull

I do like them in general though, good buy

You're dull! Yeah it grew on me without, to be honest. The wing is super retrofit. The more I look at it, the more I think it just looks like it's tacked on. I do like them in both guises, though.

Looks pretty nice to me! Actually like the subtley of the non-chav spec ones (y)

Thanks dude!

Love them without the aero kit and the other wheels too.

Would’ve gone for grey myself but I think they’re brilliant cars. Good choice!

Was my second choice, but this one came up.

Excellent. Have to say I’m on the ‘No Aero Kit’ side of the fence. Big wings and tacky canards are sooo not Merc. Mercs are all about sleekness.

Bet it absolutely f**king flies too.

It's deceptively fast. The gearbox is blistering, too. The powerband is pretty steep and linear so there's not much in the way of a surge, but you only have to look down to realise how much ground you're covering

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know if you need any info on the car in terms of spec, etc - I work at a Merc main dealer so can get anything off the system.

Nice purchase though - I’ve been in between an A35 with the Aero kit, and my normal E300 Coupe, the A35 is similar to the older A45, but a little less “raw.”

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
It’s got a Ghost Tracker already. Like I said, the original owner was terrified it would get stolen
Lol my Saab’s just a crap workhorse banger, the 308 you’ve actually thought about and spent money on, it’s nice though.

This is a work horse as it’ll be my only car, that isn’t a banger. Lol Pugs are nice looking cars, anyway.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I had 350kg of tiles and adhesive in the Saab over the weekend, I wouldn’t do that with a new AMG lol.