ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp Troubles

Hi All,

Ive just been given a mint Alpine V12 2 channel - only problem is it doesnt power up! Ive taken the lid off but I cant see anything that looks burnt out. Can anybody suggest if there are any tests I can do to narrow down what might be wrong with it, or what components are prone to failure?

Anybody know any mail order places they can recommend that offer a good repair service?

Cheers

Oli

silver valver/hybrid

one thing you could check is the solder where the chipboard is attached to part where the screws go for the live/ground etc (if that makes any sense!?) some people are over enthusiastic when screwing the wires down and can crack the solder connections.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Obvious perhaps....but is the remote connected? or is it supplying voltage?

Otherwise....

Alpine are in Milton Keynes and are reasonable for repairs....plus they are guaranteed.

Yep, fuses are OK and Ive tried 2 different sets of wires (power,ground and remote)....no obvious dry joints.....time to think about sending it to Alpine!

either ure ground is no good, ya fuses ave gone or whoever had it before u blew it up, not likely as there very well protected, does it have a reset/ overload switch that could be triggering it off?

oh and if u just have a remote connection and ground then the power light should still come on... but no music will play till the actual live is connected

Audi S3 225

You should ask a m8 if u can connect ur amp to their car. To see if its ur wires or not. Its probably the remote or the earth which is causing ur problems, i had the same problem when i first got my amp and tried fitting it myself.