ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D11CUP RB182 project thread

Renault Clio 182
Looks like it has PMS top mounts and brace bar. Unless they are worn I wouldn’t be replacing them. Have the garage said what parts they will be using?

Gearbox bolt isn’t a biggy. Clutch sounds like it will need changed if it is really heavy. A lot of them are though and soldier on so your choice.

Replace brake pipe. New steering rack, ARB bushes and new sump gasket. Job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any suggestions as to where I can source a steering rack? They’re proving hard to come by!

Renault Clio 182
Have a google for steering rack refurbishment.

Found a few local to me. £120 quoted estimate by one of them.

It’s seals bushes and a lick of paint. Not that expensive.

Where are you located? Quotes in Oxford are edging close to £400 at a quick glance

Renault Clio 182

Attachments

• 7A4B2070-7DBE-4666-9D11-A846589298DE.jpeg
    7A4B2070-7DBE-4666-9D11-A846589298DE.jpeg
    514.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 7E81D406-CDB2-4BCD-9D3A-518F247C59DD.jpeg
    7E81D406-CDB2-4BCD-9D3A-518F247C59DD.jpeg
    638.7 KB · Views: 142

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
They do look like Pure Motorsport top mounts and that's definitely one of there strut braces.

Second that.

So if the garage are replacing the top mounts make sure the know what they are doing.

I think the PMS ones don’t really “knock”. They can get stiff if the bearings dry out but I believe the bearing can be replaced.

Renault Clio 182
Second that.

So if the garage are replacing the top mounts make sure the know what they are doing.

I think the PMS ones don’t really “knock”. They can get stiff if the bearings dry out but I believe the bearing can be replaced.

Just had a look and I would agree. They look identical to the pure motorsport images. I'll make sure to get the bearings checked out before replacing them as a whole. Thanks!

Land Rover
They are not the ones that were on it when l had the car.
So the most they’ve done is around 6,000 miles. They shouldn’t be in need of replacement already unless they are generally too hard, and noisy.

Renault Clio 182
They are not the ones that were on it when l had the car.
So the most they’ve done is around 6,000 miles. They shouldn’t be in need of replacement already unless they are generally too hard, and noisy.

Found a couple of other threads RE knocking...

Will be checking this out ASAP.

On a separate note. Can't for the life of me find 98 unleaded around Oxford without driving miles!

Renault Clio 182
Found a couple of other threads RE knocking...

Will be checking this out ASAP.

On a separate note. Can't for the life of me find 98 unleaded around Oxford without driving miles!
Found some 5 mins from work. Doh 🤦🏼‍♂️
3D199CEE-891B-4187-B77A-6210B44B6889.jpeg

Land Rover
I used Super Unleaded when l could get it, but it seemed OK on regular unleaded although l guess it would be a mix of regular and the Super that was left in the tank.

Renault Clio 182
I used Super Unleaded when l could get it, but it seemed OK on regular unleaded although l guess it would be a mix of regular and the Super that was left in the tank.

It'll be the Shell 99 going in there now I've realised there's one 5 mins from work!

Renault Clio 182
Need to find a cat... MOT coming up soon and it’s not going to pass as it is! Any pointers to any available? Thanks!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The problem is the prices of 182 cats. I'd imagine a lot have been sold because there worth so much now.

Ktec sell these:

Or you take a punt in something like this:

Land Rover
I gave the CAT with the car when l sold it, so somebody has kept it when they moved the car on.
It must have passed an MOT though, so they fitted the CAT and then removed it again.
Maybe you could contact the previous couple of owners to see if they still have it?

Renault Clio 182
The problem is the prices of 182 cats. I'd imagine a lot have been sold because there worth so much now.

Ktec sell these:

Or you take a punt in something like this:

Nice one, thanks!

Renault Clio 182
I gave the CAT with the car when l sold it, so somebody has kept it when they moved the car on.
It must have passed an MOT though, so they fitted the CAT and then removed it again.
Maybe you could contact the previous couple of owners to see if they still have it?

The lady I purchased was under the impression it wasn't even decatted! Unfortunately she doesn't have it. Will see if I can find the owner prior to her...

Renault Clio 182
With the cats being worth £500 I doubt you'll see it again.

Yeah having just had that conversation with the mechanic at the garage, I've gone for the ebay one for now. Bulbs currently being fitted along with some wiring that had gone rotten. Collect her this evening, wait for cat, steering rack, clutch to arrive then get that done in one go. Heading down to local paint shop in next couple of days to have a look at some lacquer that has peeled from the top of the rear bumper. Want to catch that before it spreads!

Land Rover
Bumper lacquer had just started to go when l had the car, it was on my to do list.

l gave the CAT with the car when l sold it, as it was given to me with the car and l thought it was only fair to pass it on.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
why are the cats worth so much?
Supposedly they have plenty of precious metals in them to clean up the dirty dirty Clio emissions.
f**k buying a used 182 cat these days. My car had an empty one when I bought it, and a dodgy mot I guess. I then bought a used genuine one for £40 (only 3 years ago!) which passed the next test, then failed the year after. A pattern cat got through that test, then really struggled the following year so that's been binned this year for a sports cat, flexi and vbands and when I'm brave enough to mot it I'll be swapping it out for a decat for 364 days. All that still cost less than a used 182 cat will do at the moment.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Supposedly they have plenty of precious metals in them to clean up the dirty dirty Clio emissions.
f**k buying a used 182 cat these days. My car had an empty one when I bought it, and a dodgy mot I guess. I then bought a used genuine one for £40 (only 3 years ago!) which passed the next test, then failed the year after. A pattern cat got through that test, then really struggled the following year so that's been binned this year for a sports cat, flexi and vbands and when I'm brave enough to mot it I'll be swapping it out for a decat for 364 days. All that still cost less than a used 182 cat will do at the moment.
Since when have you had vband? Pics? Dont tell us anything. Make a thread

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I bought an ebay one last year - think it was £80. Got mine through with no issues. Actually still on the car as I'm not using it currently.