ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Andy's 172 Cup

Clio 172
Hi all

So, i sold my modified MR2 Roadster as there is me, my wife and our lad and it was just not getting used enough for my liking. So Im now back in a car with lots of seats (well, four, but thats a 100% increase!).

Picked up a damaged 172 Sport which already has some pretty tasty mods.
This is the car the day I got it;

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039-1.jpg

Hmm, lovely condition front bumper and wing...

DSC00040-2.jpg

DSC00041-2.jpg

Front bumper is now repaired and the wing has been replaced and repainted.

0b0c088a.jpg

6cf4bf30.jpg

The keen eyes amongst us will notice that the offside foglight and foglight assembly is missing (as well as the lower grill). im on the lookout for replacement items for these. Will get a foglight surround, but am unsure as to wether I will keep the foglight or use them for additional ducting.
The car is due a large dose of carbon fibre (ive made quite a lot of my own custom parts for previous cars) before summer (blue and carbon works really well in my opinion!), so watch this space!

Engine
Silicon air filter pipe
ITG competition air filter
RS remap
182 stainless 4 branch manifold
Stainless steel 'hidden' exhaust
Decat pipe

Chassis
K-Tec height adjustable coilovers
Stainless steel braided brake line hoses

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looking good mate, and plans sound good. Damaged looks not too bad as well, bit of a bargain??

Clio 172
Did this used to be your car then, Hugo? Any history you can pm me about the cae? Nice to know as much as I can.

P.S. She is in good hands now with an experienced modder!!!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'd personally go to renault and get some nice new ones - they're not too bad price wise and make a huge difference!

Clio 172
I was going to wrap them in carbon anyway, Daz, so seems financially more sense to but second hand as I assume they won't be cheap from Renault? Guess I could get a price though!

Corsa Van. Meh.
Did this used to be your car then, Hugo? Any history you can pm me about the cae? Nice to know as much as I can.

P.S. She is in good hands now with an experienced modder!!!

Yea. I sold it back in 2008. Any questions PM me.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I was going to wrap them in carbon anyway, Daz, so seems financially more sense to but second hand as I assume they won't be cheap from Renault? Guess I could get a price though!

Ahh well thats ok then!

To be honest I've been thinking the same thing ;)

Clio 1.4 1999
I love a 1*2 in that colour

My brother has got a mr2 and is looking to mod it, what did you do to yours ?

Clio 172
Thanks, Al. This was my most recent mk3 All cars bought standard and modified (and most painted) by me!

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

This was my one before that.

DSC00446.jpg

Ive had 5 or 6 mk2 MR2s too, a couple of RX7s and a whole host of other jap mobiles but i wont bore you with all of those too!

Andy

Clio
very nice cup ! looks like its been dusted for prints . but i supose it would show up stolen recoverd if it had been

rb182 cup
tidy cup andy...gotta do my front reg plate the same...looks ace. any plans to change the turinis?

Clio 172
They great cars, you had any issues with them.

are the hardtops easy to install?

Yeah, I can fit a hardtop fitting kit in about 20 minutes. Piece of cake, mate.

Only common issues are those dreaded precats really. Get them removed asap. Other than that, they are fairly reliable bar the odd exhaust temp sensor to be fair! Some people swear by UK models as the jap ones cant be read with OBD2 software, but as stated, they are reasonably reliable cars that perform better than most people anticipate IMHO.

Andy

Octavia VRS LE
i have a lower grill if your intrested, bought it for my 1.2 but then heard you hadd to fibreglass the ph3 bumper to make it fitt so too much hassel is a lil snap in a bit of the square hole, but still looks good and cant really notice it untill you press it and it moves. of your intrested i can take pics and pm you them and show you where the damage is.

Octavia VRS LE
Il get some pics tomorrow if i remember, then il post them tomorrow mate. and pm with a price, dont want much for it, just collecting cobwebs atm lol

172 ph1
I wanna see more pics of your MR2s, because I love them, I was almost one step before bying one last summer, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. :(

Clio 172
FINALLY.... an update to this thread... Not a very big one Im afraid, but one that has tidied up the front no end in my opinion...

As earlier stated, my front bumper was looking a bit worse for wear when i got it. Finally sourced a nearside foglight and fog light surround assembly. I wrapped both foglight surrounds in carbon fibre and practiced what i preach and covered the foglights in lamin-x yellow film for that Euro look (ive got loads left if anyone wants any!).

I know the car WELL needs a clean, but wanted to get some photos up to show you all. Got a carbon splitter now as well, but its so low, I will probably only fit it for shows.

Andy

IMG_2334.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00423-1.jpg

Clio 172
Bit of a shameless update really, but today was the first opportunity I had to give my car a wash since the foglight upgrade and as she looked clean for the first time since January, I thought it rude not to take a picture of two, so here I am boring you with a few pics of my little jam jar!
Andy
DSC00474.jpg

DSC00475-1.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

Clio 172
Hi Lee. Didn't cost too much as I already had the materials. It's not difficult, just takes a lot of time and patience to flat it back sufficiently. I don't have masses of Coachworks experience, so it's still a challenge to
Me, especially as most of it was done by hand!

Andy