ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying Things about your Clio??

Renault clio Mk1 1.8 16v
1. someone dented my wing with a shopping trolley.....
2. rust on rear arch!
3.whenever i drive it people sit up my bum....really annoying!
4. It gets shite mpg normally less then 15mile to a fiver

still love it though...

172 Cup
As per this guys response:

The seating position, the seating position, the seating position, the seating position, the seating position!! Not having ABS in the 172 Cup sh*t my pants sometimes the amount of locking up it does when driving hard!

Elvis - Biarritz 1.2
Mk1 Ph3

My boot is wet enough to be a duck pond.
My sunroof and aerial were leaking.
One of my front lights almost fell off.
Rattles like an angry snake.
Rear bumper does little to protect you when you reverse into things (which I do more often than I'd like)
Steering goes worrying light on corners (although that's probably my tyres)

What I don't get though, is why none of the previous owners didn't do anything about the leaks. When they were sitting there with the sunroof and controls dripping on them, they must have been like, "Yeah no worries. And the water in the boot? Well, it's not like I'm sitting in it anyway."

BMW 330D
My sunroof handles creaks when its open and its bloody annoying( dont have it open v often for that reason!). Knocking noise from turning full lock to the right (driveshaft i knw gnna replace it soon). apart from that i love my car!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I have absolutely no complaints about my Clio at all! The sunroof does give off the odd little rattle if going over a dodgy road surface, but its doesn't leak and all works and I rarely notice it much, and when I do I'm not annoyed by it.

As for the wipers going the 'wrong' way, I can't say as I really noticed that, besides you're not really supposed to be watching them as basically seeing 'past' them (if you know what I mean). I'm not fussed about whether the 'auto-wipers' go across the screen exactly when I would like them too, it only takes a quick flick down and up with your finger and they go across the screen quite nicely, if they don't clear and you need a bit more water, just how much effort is it ffs? I love the driving position, everything seems to be in the perfect place for me. I am quite short though and can see things might be abit different for taller people.

I think overall I have either been very lucky or you lot have been pretty unlucky. I am generally of the opinion if you have the odd squeak or rattle and it doesn't mean something is falling apart then don't worry about it, it all eventually adds to the character of the car, maybe I am just rather tolerant, I dunno, lol.

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
passenger seat squeaks, something to do with the foam rubbing on the metal?! oh and passengers that tell me how to drive!:mad: people sitting up my arse, and the fact that we have a hosepipe ban so can't wash it properly! (the car that is!) :mad:

I find the seats really comfy! 7 hours (with stops) to Blackpool and didn't ache at all!:D power when pulling off from traffic lights whilst the donk in the corsa goes backwards!:approve: and just generally scaring my mates to death, so they all insist on driving to the pub, which means I can have a beer! yay!

al

ST on the way...
I love the way it stalls and stutters after washing the front wheelarches! ;)

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
the only issue i have is when i release the seat belt, it practically takes my head off when winding back.

oh, and road noise above 50mph is appauling. (like my spelling)

Lionel Richie
yeah but does your clio do 8mpg when flat out!!!! rear tyres are £180 each!!!! i'm on my 3rd set in a month LOL! :(/:)

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Having to jiggle the passenger back-rest back and forwards to get the catch to engage to lean it forward to let someone in the back. People always struggle with it and have to tell them how to do it.

Also on the drivers seat if I lean that forward, it sometimes doesn't slide back on the rails and I have to lean the back-rest forward again and push the seat from the front to get it to slide back. Winds me up.

Also, my passenger door card makes an awful clicky/buzzy sound right next to the seat at the top until you press it in hard and it clicks the stud back in properly then it stops for a while. Got an annoying one on the rear passenger interior somewhere that's doing my head in too. Turning the music up sorts that one though :)

Last edited:
  RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
mine dont have a sun roof, no thats one less place to get rattles from i suppose.!

Red Clio 197 F1
I quite like the driving position, however if it was just an inch lower it would be sorted!

My car is 4.5 years old so a few rattles now, but wish I could get rid of them.

Also wish it had 6 gears for motorway cruising

Golf R soon...
The rattles obviously :clown:

And the fact that every performance saloon (180+bhp) wants to take me on! :dapprove:

350Z and 172 Cup
~Sarah~ said:
I have a 182, bought it brand new too!

things that annoy me-
my EPS, Service and ABS Light's come on alltogether all the time....
knocks and rattle of exhaust
doors not straight
window wipers on the wrong way
I had something missing out of my engine

My EPS and Service lights come on too after about 20 mins driving. If you switch off ignition and turn on again they dont reappear (for another 20 mins!)
Does anyone else have this problem? is it just dodgy sensors or could there be something wrong?
I have just had new discs put on the front and a service so bit confused.

172 Cup
My auto wipers have a personality disorder!! sometimes they will work well but all of a sudden they stop and just cant be arsed anymore!!

Other problem is the headlight washer that pops out and you have to buy a brand new housing!

The good points of my car (looks, Pace and driver satisfaction) over-ride all my bad points!!

wilja said:
My EPS and Service lights come on too after about 20 mins driving. If you switch off ignition and turn on again they dont reappear (for another 20 mins!)
Does anyone else have this problem? is it just dodgy sensors or could there be something wrong?
I have just had new discs put on the front and a service so bit confused.

Mine does this too. The dealer ordered a new 'brake switch' but I've not got around to having it fitted yet. The most annoying this is that this fault disables the cruise control.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
The rattles! There is a really annoying one coming from the area by the clocks and another that is coming from around the glovebox area.
Also the handbrake is crap and when I get out the car it squeaks really badly!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I still only have a sunroof ratlle. It has got abit louder than when I first mentioned it and agree it can now actually annoy me sometimes (which is abit of a surprise to me), other than that 'so far so good', but I am waiting for all the other little rattles and squeaks everyone else is getting (car has only just done 14.5k), I guess I may have them all to look forward too, but hopefully I will be able to just fit them into the character of the car. lol

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
The dealerships are annoying, I don't live anywhere near one so I have to take time off work to go and take my car. Most of the time they don't fix it until the 2nd visit!

350Z and 172 Cup
Roy Munson said:
Mine does this too. The dealer ordered a new 'brake switch' but I've not got around to having it fitted yet. The most annoying this is that this fault disables the cruise control.

Is this covered under the warranty?
How much is the new brake switch? Easy to fit??

RenaultSport clio 182
bradfincham said:
After having my car for 5 months now and racking up 3k miles ha ha!

I have a few things that i find annoying with my clio, but i still love it to bits!

Mainly concerned with the wipers :(

Whenever i just clean the car and then some tw*t in front uses his washer jets i wipe mine with a quicj mist of water, and then realise the wings are covered as well due to the headlamp washers:rasp:

And theres a turbulant air patch on the screen where the water canr escape from, between the 2 wiper mechanisms, so the water just sits there even after like 5 mins after spraying the screen!

Just 2 comedy points really!

Also the knocking on full lock and squeeky suspension.

Apart from that I love it!
I have realised lift off oversteer doesnt get the rear end out, which is superb it needs a handbrake ;)
The bit about the knocking on full lock if you take it back to renault they will fix that free mine did it i thought i would get a load of s**t from them if i took it back but they said they knew what it was and would fix it no problems now .

1. The steering wheel is not straight, even after the tracking has been done.
2. Cup wheels get dirty far too quickly.
3. when the car is cleaned a bird s***s or a fly squats on your windscreen.
4. The lower part of my rear bumper where the exhaust rests has faded away from heat.
5. The clutch pedal is so stiff when you hit traffic for an hour.
6. my RPM and MPH dont light up during the night when on.

Auto-lights stay on a tad too long after coming out of tunnels etc.
Wipers go the wrong way.
That pool of water dancing under the left wiper.
The wiper does one last wipe about 20 seconds after it stopped (streaks).
Auto-Wiper is somewhat eratic, sometimes it doesn't seem to want to come on.
Gearbox seems really far away.
Speedo and Cruise Control speed setting never tally.
Glove box lid isn't a snug fit.
No 6th Gear.
Cigarette Lighter doesn't power up if ignitions not on (I like to leave my phone in there to charge if it's dead and I don't have the mains charger).

197-I love!!!
The only thing that annoys me is when you're in a hurry that it's a pain to get the key in to start it-very strange angle-Otherwise love it-really can't think of anything else.

RB 200 Cup!
only bugging thing about mine is the sunroof rattles when its opena nd im driving along - thank god for air con is all i can say