ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 1.8 16v cliosport conversion

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Yeah sorry chaps i'm doing everything in my powers to not involve myself in clio stuff because it reminds me my cars nearly ready after 2 years and the only thing keeping me from taking it for a spin is Gordon Brown lol.

Payday friday though so car tax here we come!!!!

Bus w**ker
good man for not driving it, if they caught you without tax isn't it crushy crushy time?
Think it's an £80 fine in the first instance and then on a rising sliding scale if you don't pay up straight away, which also means paying to tax the vehicle at the same time. Think they only crush if you refuse to pay or are a repeat offender.

M

mini-valver

Track car and you wont go out in the rain with un-balanced wheels. Poor show ;)

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Its just because there isn't much point, its just wheel spin up until it starts shaking itself to death. Sorry:eek:

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Well, sorry for the big gap since the last post but as you can imagine the internet hasn't been top of my list for the last week. Right so the Clios' been on the road for a week and I absolutely love it!! It's thrown up a couple of teething problems this week but nothing we can't handle yet.
Although it did scare the life out of us when it blew the feul pipe off the rail on the A1 at about 85 lol.
All i can say is it is very fast, I've not managed to get a clear race with anyone to be sure of how it stacks up except a quick 30mph roll on against Moo's saxo VTS which was a masacre 8)
So now that it's out and about my dad and i had the chance take it out and grab some better pictures. I'll stick a couple on here but put the rest on a seperate thread just because really.

003.jpg

004.jpg

015.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4753885#post4753885

Cheers

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Bringing a thread back from the dead, saw this yesterday at the clio16valver meet! Love it!! The way it picks up speed is unreal!!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Cheers matey glad you liked it. Well as mentioned above the clio is out and about doing the rounds still and loving it. This weekend moo and I decided to take our lives (and hearing lol) in our hands and did the 3 hour each way 320mile round trip to the valver south west meet. The car performed brilliantly only throwing up a couple of little glitches but nothing we didn't have asneaky suspision we'd need to look at lol.

Even better though was the reception the car got when we arrived! So many nice things were said made us feel so good about it all. Just thought i'd stick a few pictures up of the meet but mainly because i kinda miss posting on the thread lol.

27122008047.jpg

DSCF2516.jpg

DSCF2533.jpg

DSCF2532.jpg

DSCF2537.jpg

DSCF2553.jpg

Cheers for looking, if anyone's still interested i'll kinda keep the thread going as adventures of the clio?

Oh and cheers matteh for letting me nick the pics

'92 172, Lotus Elise
and thank you for the passenger ride! this car really is stunning!

definitely keep the thread going with some track exploits ;)

That looks like one hell of a MK1 Gang bang.
where and when did this take place???? I never seen it mentioned any where or I would of made my way up.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
don't need paid membership for the meets section :)

the site is pretty much mainly mk1 16v/hybrid/williams

I shown my mother the crummy photos i took from sat and shes obsessed with yours, then started wibbling bout how someone off her car forum took his williams to a meet...thanks for that! It is nice though :) Just remembered bout the poor person who drove past with their exhaust dragging along the road!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Only a small update, but the first update for a fair while now, just been enjoying driving round in it.
Today we managed to run the Clio into Moo's work to sort out a few little things which have come to our attention during the miles its been on the road for.
First thing to do was get it on a ramp and do an oil and filter change as we've had the engine for 2 years and not done it, and have no previous history to it.
So getting this done was quite a weight off.

10012009057.jpg

10012009058.jpg

Next was to service the cooling system, we noticed on the very cold trip to Dorcet that the heater blower wasn't working and also the heater wasn't getting hot, so we whipped the dash out (easy once you've done it as many times as we seem to have in this project) and replaced the blocked heater matrix with a new one, and while the coolent was drained replace the stuck thermostat.
So we now have a fully functioning cooling system with a heater, making it a much more hospitable place to be and the engine now runs at a hotter and much better running temporature! BONUS!

10012009060.jpg

10012009061.jpg

While we had the dash out we also decided to rethink the brilliant idea of blue led dash illuminations that were absolutly useless and looked awful, so we replaced them with normal bulbs again, making the dials readable at night! Also BONUS!
Also lubricated the gear linkage, tightened the door pins and loads of other little jobs.
I know none of this seems like much and the car doesn't look any different, but the car feels (in our heads more than anything probably) much better and healthier than before.
Hopfully if we keep going at it we'll have all the little problems sorted by the time the weather cheers up and the car can finally be used for what we made it for!

10012009071.jpg

Cheers for looking