ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 1.8 16v cliosport conversion

iceberg 172
hey i have a 1.2 clio 2000 mk2 v1 the frogg eyed 1 i was looking to swop the engine for a 1.8 16v like the one you have taken out any 1 no if this is simple or not i thought the wirering may be a b****d

ValverInBits
hey i have a 1.2 clio 2000 mk2 v1 the frogg eyed 1 i was looking to swop the engine for a 1.8 16v like the one you have taken out any 1 no if this is simple or not i thought the wirering may be a b****d

Try not to spam other peoples threads with stuff like this dude, start your own

In answer to your question. It's do-able, and cheap too. But it would require some knowledge to get all the gauges working and wiring done properly. Best place to start would be with a complete 1.8 16v (F7P) with loom and ECU (must be phase 1 - no immobiliser). Start a thread or do a search if you need more info

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Hay there, just thought I'd post to remind you that we are still here, but unfortunatly even with me sniffing out every bargin I can, Moo and I planning to do most the labouring and me working every hour god sends, there is still a vast amount of money required, so saving is the name of the game at the moment.

And saving money isn't very post friendly

But we have had one new arrival and I did manage to get it for an absolute bargin price.

Photo0062.jpg

An Omex 600, standalone ECU and base loom.
Really excited about getting some parts together and building the engine and fortunatly Moo's Saxo project is keeping me sane while I'm saving.

So we'll keep you posted of further developments but unsure of when that'll be!
Hopfully sooner than later

Cheers for looking

Just read this from the start, never been a Mk1 fan before but i bloody love this, epic project, hope one day i'l have the knowlege/cash/space/patients do make a track weapon

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Woo my thread is back! but unfortunately at the moment I have nothing to post on it :( I'll keep saving my pennies then and be back soon though.

Sorry to all the people who are disappointed checking in thinking this is an update lol

clio 1.8 16v hybrid
WoW lol, i was following this on the RSC aaages ago and was sad when it stopped untill i herd it was on here too

where did you go to for your carbon roof ?

cheers. ryan

clio 1.8 16v hybrid
lol sorry dont matter just found that youve already got the link up, i do bloomin luv this car btw, are you going to be at FCS next weekend ?

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Woooooooooooooooooooo! We're back again on this thread and with what we think is a REALLY exciting update.
Ever since the piston rings went on the original engine we decided to continue in the route that the rest of the car has been done to, if we're doing the job, might as well do it to the fullist.
So we've been on full lock down, bread and water mode saving to get the money together for a full ass kicking engine rebuild.
All was going to plan (working massive amounts of overtime) when I got an MSN message from Moo saying he'd managed to negotiate a deal on an engine!!???

Without my knowing I'm now buying this little powerhouse from andy at GDI which I think will more than do the job.

240+ BHP engine NEW for sale

untitled-3.jpg

untitled5.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled3.jpg

• Custom Forged Pistons
• Steel H section rods
• Race Engine balance
• Race Toleranced
• Bore Block to suit pistons, 83mm
• 422 CAT Cams with no VVT
• Uprated Valve springs
• Vernier Pullies
• Block internally de-stressed and polished
• New oil pump
• GDI FULL Throttle body kit, inc all billet brackets (48mm bodies and 120mm trumpets)
• 330cc Injectors
• Lightened flywheel
• Helix Clutch kit
• One off development cylinder head porting
• Completely refurbished head, new guilds and valve seats

So, up early this morning and off across country in the bumpy bumpy saxo to put down a deposit and discuss when the engine will be ready for collection etc.
When we arrived the bodies had been removed so we could get an idea of the headwork thats gone into this engine and I must say it looks awesome!

27062009013.jpg

27062009015.jpg

Inspired by that we bounced our way back to the garage and gave the Clio a damn good spit and polish as it was still covered in the remnance of the previous engine

27062009016.jpg

27062009018.jpg

27062009017.jpg

27062009020.jpg

That done it was time to tuck it away and head home to begin stockpiling money.

Watch this space!! ;)

Bus w**ker
I did wonder if someone off here had bought that. Can't think of a better car for it to go into. :)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i don't know how you boys do it....but page 42 and still impressing fair do's to the both of you...lets see her finished.