ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 1.8 16v cliosport conversion

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
awesome!!!!

Are you going to wide track it this time round?... would be the icing on the cake

PMSL, Busted! You've been watching very closely haven't you?! No the car wasn't widetracked from the outset and there's a fairly long and dull reason for that which I can't be bothered to explain.

Rest assured there's plenty of interesting developments on the horizon but when have we ever given the game away early ;)

Cheers for all the comments:cool:

E36 328
Widetrack it, the car wouldnt be finished without it imo!

Just read this on and off from about 8 o clock tonight and f**k me, never occured to me before how much work has gone into this.

Cant wait to see it with those wheels on!
When is that engine going in beanie?

Golf GTi Mk2
Car was what? 800kg give or take, Engine is 240 horses, some fairly rudimentary math is telling me 300bhp/ton.

Oooooffftt.

Bring on the trumpets!!

KUTGW

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Couple of pics i got today on facebook of the custom made pistons each machined to give identical compression on all 4 cylinders just to keep you updated.

6560_206951995386_583025386_7568298.jpg

6560_206952190386_583025386_7568300.jpg

I Like :cool:

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
This thread is Fantastic!, i have followed it all the way through, You must be very proud at what you have achieved.

Great to be a member of the forum.

Nick.:cool:

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Hi there fella's sorry for the lack of posts lately but nothing is really happening at the moment lol. The engine has cost me over 5 grand which, due to my questionable credit history, I can't get a loan for so i've needed to save up in cash which has been very hard work but i think i've pretty much got the better of it now. That coupled with the engine not being entirely finished and GDI moving premesis (sp) has meant that the engine won't be in my oily little mitts until mid to late August but I reckon it'll be so worth the wait!!

It's brilliant and so so flattering that people are still reading/thinking about our thread and i'd like to thank all our loyal supporters and regular readers...

and a big sorry to people now clicking on this expecting an update lol.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Just read this thread from start to finish, AWESOME read! By far the best mk1 about, you two guys really deserve a lot of credit for making such a project possible! It is a credit to you both! :approve:

All i can say is good luck with the future! Your creation has brought excitment and enthusiasm to many of the members here!

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS :rasp:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Iv'e just spent 1 hour reading every page. What a progress blog. If this isnt insprirational i really dont know what is. Amazing!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Right, it's about time to show what a run away militery budget can do! LOL
We've not posted on this for a very long time now, owing to begging, borrowing, stealing and even working for every penny we can to actually afford our latest purchases!!!!
This morning the time had finally come to go pick it up!
So 8:30 can around this morning, threw Moo off my couch, checked the money, loaded up the engine and headed for Dorset!

24102009128.jpg

24102009130.jpg

140 or so miles later we arrived at ktec and was greeted by Andy and a real sight for sore eyes! Our engine and bodies!!!!!

24102009133.jpg

24102009134.jpg

Had a breif conversation, loaded the car up and headed back to the garage, a bit shell shocked to be honest!

24102009136.jpg

Another 140ish miles back we arrived at the garage and it finally hit home that we'd actually got the engine so a photo shoot began!

24102009138.jpg

24102009142.jpg

24102009143.jpg

24102009139.jpg

24102009141.jpg

24102009144.jpg

24102009145.jpg

24102009146.jpg

24102009147.jpg

But we have been busy bunnys in more than one way!
We've also been out to to buy something that we've always wanted for the car but never had the money to get, but we've decieded to spend the time and money to do everything the way this car should have always been.

Photo0339.jpg

Photo0337.jpg

We'll be sending it away to get the dial face replaced with a white non caterham badged one!
As well as that we managed to locate another thing we wanted but weren't even sure if they existed!
We had a manual rack, but tat was about 7 turns lock to lock so wasn't really ideal, so we got a williams rack to run packed with grease but, then we can accross this!
We managed to get hold of a quick manual rack, 2.3 turns lock to lock! Very very rare indeed! GET IN!
Currently in the process of gatting the paint off and making pretty

Photo0333.jpg

Photo0359.jpg

Sorry about the big post but we've been holding out till the engine was in our possesion!
Hopefully we should be able to keep the updates slowly coming, oddly excited about doing the wiring!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh and...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

340i
Top update guys!! Can't wait too see this finally come together :D

Out of interest what is the steering rack from?

ValverInBits
As above, as much info on the rack as possible please :D
It is williams widetrack length from end to end? Good work. Engine is immaculate.

As above, as much info on the rack as possible please :D
It is williams widetrack length from end to end? Good work. Engine is immaculate.

doesn't look it, but you can just fit the williams arms without a problem if it doesn't.

Whens this gonna see the road Beanie, 2012? ;)

ValverInBits
Is it a Clio Cup rack?

No-one seems to give a straight answer about the cup racks. There was a thread on wc.co.uk ages ago about them, people eventually decided that the cup rack was just the manual rack off the 1.4 - it'd be interesting to know if they actually existed and were shorter.
I noticed that 480bhp.com has fitted a manual rack to his trophy from a MK2 DCI base spec. Wonder if they can be fitted to a mk1 and how many turns they'd be?

No-one seems to give a straight answer about the cup racks. There was a thread on wc.co.uk ages ago about them, people eventually decided that the cup rack was just the manual rack off the 1.4 - it'd be interesting to know if they actually existed and were shorter.
I noticed that 480bhp.com has fitted a manual rack to his trophy from a MK2 DCI base spec. Wonder if they can be fitted to a mk1 and how many turns they'd be?

Think some of the Mk1 cup racer pdf's show the part number as referring back to/being a 1.4 manual rack too, I remember seeing it somewhere.

keh!? I've been told more than once that the williams track rod ends won't go on the manual rack?

Im not on about track rod ends? lol.

The whole arms, they come apart from the 'joint' under the gaitor and can be swapped, ive seen it done on another forum. Williams arms onto a manual rack so he could run williams widetrack.