ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 1.8 16v cliosport conversion

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Lovely looking work, very jealous. No idea where you guys find the time to work on it, but well done!

Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v
I have pretty much spent my whole evening reading this start to finish, HUGE respect to you guys, Got awesome amounts of power in a very sexy clio..nuff said

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Not a huge update, but an update none the less.
On Tuesday we went off to Croydon to pick up a full set of valver looms off Midge (clio16valver) so we could set about wiring up the new engine as we had sold all the original looms.
First thing we did was harvest all the long wiring out of the body loom as ours are still present and good.
We decided to double our productivity, so Moo set about modifying the the front end loom while I set about creating an engine loom.
I'm starting to notice the amount of times we've posted pictures like this!

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

Making SO MANY lists as we have to wire in the whole front end including the Omex and modify the already heavily modified dash loom to include the Stack dash and still look as factory as possible, now we have used up the entire of our 'Cliosport' notepad sent to us when we joined :(

IMG_0403.jpg

We moved into the garage when the midday heat started to get the better of us, but we certainly aren't complaining, as we've been working on the car in some awful weather conditions at times

IMG_0405.jpg

This is how we left the car at the end of play today with all the wiring moved, labled etc, just need plugs put on the ends and some slight tidying up.

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

Now look at some of the different lengths of wire we used to wire up said Clio

IMG_0406.jpg

LOL
Cheers for looking

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Back again now and it's yet another wiring post! lol

Dash loom is now 99% complete after being Rewired again to accomadate the stack dash and still satisfy my VERY picky ways.
The stack dash was supplied with a short loom which is meant to be plumbed into the car to run it but I wasn't keen.

IMG_0446.jpg

So we've now spent a bit of time trying to give it all that factory look. First thing i needed to do was finish off the instrument cluster with all the dash warning lights and the switches for the car to be road legal.

IMG_0437.jpg

Once that was done it was fitted with connectors to fit it to the dash loom. These as with all the wiring parts were bought from a company called simtek who were HUGELY helpful and massively knowledgable. They also said that if your ordering from them and mention your a member of te club then you'll get a 5% discount on many products.
www.simtekuk.co.uk/

IMG_0436.jpg

Next all the wiring was moved inside the dash and the other side of the plugs fitted for the warning lights. Once that was done the plug ordered from Stack to fit to the end of the loom had arrived so that was fitted onto other wires we'd been busy rerouting so the Stack would plug staright in.
This left us with a dash loom looking like this.

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

As aposed to the std loom

IMG_0440.jpg

So it's now safely refitted to the dash....

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

Cheers for looking i'm sure your all bored of seeing the wiring from my car as we are lol

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Little update but in my opinion a very important one really, today we finally finished rewiring the car again (what moo and I worked out is the 4th time now) and fitted the dash and all the looms back into the car.

Kill switch in, ignition on, SIGNS OF LIFE!!!

5e925a51.jpg

Later on and a quick systems check revealed everything that should work so far does :)

8c7d22dc.jpg

Very Happy

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Lol, yeah there's a long and complicated way of setting that up but I haven't had time to do it yet. :)

RenaultSport 172
Wow!! Just read the whole thread!! How did I miss this?! The car is a credit to all involved, keep up the good work!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Well I'm still here beavering away with my birthday still being my big target to get the car on the road. There's not a lot to say really so I just thought I'd post some pics of how the cars looking now...

d3de6d29.jpg

0998b452.jpg

Ignore the camber in that one i'd had the hub off fitting a wheel speed sensor for the stack and hadn't payed any attention when putting it back on.

91c6251e.jpg

9865ec6f.jpg

4acf4041.jpg

Anyways, I'll continue for the rest of this week with my fingers crossed I can Mot it on Friday...

Last edited:
  Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Stunning, the 2118's look stunning, as does the engine bay. Fingers crossed for completion!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Nothing to specific to be honest the car just has a few loose ends that need tying up. Couple of brackets need making to get the coilover reservous mounted out the way, then just essentially get a bonnet mounted onto it and hope it runs when we try to start it tomorrow (probably).

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Well, been busy all day again mostly just tying up loose ends though really.

Finally finished mounting the reservoirs from the coilovers which have been a pain in the ass since fitting them. Now safely tucked away between the wing and inner wing on beaniesport brackets lol

IMG_0473.jpg

Then after Moo spending most the afternoon filling it up with fluids and downloading a "safe" map onto it it was time to hit the lil blue button for the first time...

SUCCESS!!!

Click on the pic it's a vid...

th_IMG_0470.jpg

More soon!!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Well, well, well, I think after SUCH a busy week or two it's time We posted an update on the thread to keep all our loyal readers up to speed...

So, as far as I can work out the we last posted the car was most the way assembled but lacking one big bit. The Bonnet. Since I can only run a bonnet skin I'd sold the original carbon one some time ago but now the realisation was dawning on me quite quickly that I only had a couple of weeks to get a new one or I'd miss my deadline.

As luck would have it I stumbled across a fella off here called NathanH who worked extremely hard and late into the nights to make me a Fibreglass bonnet skin in spite of me supplying him the worst bonnet to mould from that the paint simply wouldn't dry on!

MASSIVE THANKS!

So fitting that was Fridays job and it went pretty smoothly to be honest..

fef9c0b9.jpg

e046b14d.jpg

With that fitted next I needed to mount the rear damper reservoirs under the boot floor.

bfcf64e3.jpg

All this however over ran and I missed the MOT appointment on friday. A slight change of plan and the car made it to moo's work Saturday morning for it's test and passed without any trouble. WOOO!!

IMG_0514.jpg

So now all taxed and Mot'd we're looking promising to make it to my Birthday so the bonnet comes back off and to my work for a little bit of finishing off and a coat of paint.

Photo0714.jpg

And in primer

Photo0716.jpg

That took longer than expected though and didn't come out the spray booth until 4pm on the Friday which considering I needed to be at my mate Craigs for 8am on the Saturday left me cutting it all a bit fine to get it fitted and give the car one last check over before it's maiden voyage to pod.

Photo0705.jpg

Saturday morning rolled around and the car behaved very nicely indeed which was more than can be said for the weather which rained us off after 1 run!

HPIM1361.jpg

P1010756.jpg

P1010765.jpg

We hovered about debating what to do but the weather just refused to easy off so we fired up the bbq and hit the beer and other festivities..

40176_1588270627093_1245639092_2853918_580241_n.jpg

Anyway Sunday morning soon rolled around and I woke feeling bright and breezy :dead: to find the clio moved (funny mates mine lol scared the life out of me!) and looking like this.

HPIM1362.jpg

So with the weather holding and a bit of Birthday cake in my belly I took on the strip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZH-rn9vUQhttp://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...h?v=6_ZH-rn9vUQ&h=dea46xTTgdymSn6mjPSsEhjLrKw

I'm a little embarassed to say that the best time I could get out of the 3 runs i got was 13.8 at a terminal of 106mph but I have to say the car is a bit too powerful for it's weight and getting the power down is a right pain!
The car has plenty more to give but I need to pratice in it bearing in mind that was the first time i'd driven it. I have another list of excuses too but I'll keep those fo rows in the pub lol

SaxovsClio1.jpg

After run number 3 on the Sunday an alternator bolt worked loose and shredded the belt meaning it needed towing back to MK but overall I had the best 30th birthday I could've hoped for.

Cheers for looking and here's a little ASW'ing to finish

HPIM1375.jpg

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
You have the nicest F4R engine on here, looks so neat and tidy. (actually joint first place with Barron & Bazzon's engine)

Just sat here and read this thread from the beginning.
All i can say is wow. Big respect and high 5 for all the hard work and money you've put into this. I am a fan.

Just sat here and read this thread from the beginning.
All i can say is wow. Big respect and high 5 for all the hard work and money you've put into this. I am a fan.