ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 1.8 16v cliosport conversion

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Well, this isn't a particularly big update but I hate not getting anything at all posted on here so i'll post up a little interim post. Essentially I've come into a little money so i've been on a bit of a spend up. This resulted in me now having.

The stack returned to them and the black face with caterham markings replaced by a nice new white face. I LOVE IT!

Photo0656.jpg

A full set of polybushes which will be a job for tomorrow as they need fitting to my new from Renault williams lower arms.

Photo0685.jpg

Photo0684.jpg

I also treated myself to some AST top mounts which as yet don't fit?! But Curtis is on the case.

Photo0670.jpg

At this point I'm pretty sure I must've fallen from a great height onto my head inspiring me to do something utterly CRACKERS!! I rang Renault and ordered a pair of Williams driveshfts. :dead:
This however wasn't as rash decision as it might sound and I did put a lot of thought in before doing it but I doubt anyone wants to hear about it lol

Photo0681.jpg

Photo0683.jpg

Photo0682.jpg

As i've been MEGA busy at work I'm only able to get myself a few little bits done so I chose to do this..

Started with a std clio cluster and stripped it down to just the frame and cut out the dial surrounds etc.

Photo0672.jpg

Then got me pencil and ruler out..

Photo0671.jpg

Cut it out...

Photo0673.jpg

Fitted it into the cluster..

Photo0674.jpg

A fair bit of pi$$ing about cutting the hole out for the stack and fitting it resulted in this which will bolt in as the std cluster would have.

Photo0686.jpg

I'm very happy with it indeed and although I still need to fit some Leds for a few things and the buttons that work the stack but you get the general idea.

Propper update soon

Last edited:
  Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Oh yeah and I forgot to mention the wheels now have tyres on them...

Photo0687.jpg

Photo0688.jpg

As for the shafts they were pretty expensive but i'm not sure how bad yet as I don't pay for them until Monday lol :eek:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
foook me I thought I used to be mad buying all new renault stuff for my willy!

I paid over £150 for new door trims all round - used them for a month and they've been sat in my spare room ever since because I know someone would just offer pence for them :(

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
daz - you have found that man ;)

Speak to me son - have have pennies waiting to be spent

Clio Williams & 182
Stack stuff = the b****cks :)

The complete shafts were about £200 each? Plus VAT? Exchange?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
daz - you have found that man ;)

Speak to me son - have have pennies waiting to be spent

'Rop! to you £200, you probably owe me that in subscriptions ;)

PM me on Willyclio mi old mucker

First post here as this is just an account I use to browse the forum, I own a 106 but this thread just deserved to be posted in.

Just read this from start to finish. Epic epic epic thread, best build thread I've ever seen.

You should come along to www.built4track.co.uk and say hi, sure you'd be more than welcome!

Last edited:
  Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Well i'm still here and moo and I are still plodding along with the old girl. This week we've taken off work to make some big old steps forwards. Today has been a big old day on the car finally bolting on a lot of the parts that've been filling up my room for quite some time now. It's left us both knackered so not many words mostly pictures...

Got these done in the week..

Photo0689.jpg

Which meant first job of the day could be assmebling the subframe with all the shiny bits..

Photo0691.jpg

Once the topmounts were fitted in went the struts and other suspension parts. (I know it all needs a bit of a tidy up, it's on the list)

IMG_0358.jpg

On with the rears. No homes for the reservoiurs yet but i'll try to work it out...

Photo0692.jpg

This meant that with the car back on suspension we can finally bolt the wheels on and roll it out for it's first glimps of sunlight in about... 9 months!

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

Bit of whoring...

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Next up it was time to get the 4th trumpet fitted
Next it was time to get the 4th throttle body to fit and properly assemble the rest of the linkage and cable..

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Clutch cable on then just a load of whoring..

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Photo0693.jpg

and back in the garage until tomorrow

IMG_0384.jpg

Cheers for looking..

Last edited:
  Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Those 2118's look stunning, really finish the outside off very well. Trumpets look awesome too!!! very jelous lol

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Ok back again but not a massive update this one as we've spent a great deal of the last 2 days whizzing here there and everywhere picking up bits. However we have done a couple of bits Most importantly we now have a fuel system plumbed in consisting of...

Mk2 phase 2 fuel pump (NOT a straight swap before you ask!) but it made it possible to tidy up the fuel pipes a bit.

IMG_0385.jpg

Ran ourselves a new solid fuel line.

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Which was then finished off with a nice braided joiner to connect it to the rail..

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

Next we collected our custom rad hoses made to elimiante the need for adaptors on the heater but as we found the header tank was looking a little mouldy I decided to get a new one which will be here tomorrow.

IMG_0391.jpg

After that we set abot the very unusual task of making a cardbord radiator (patern lol) to take to the firm making the new rad..

IMG_0394.jpg

All that now in hand we have working

Throttle pedal
Brake pedal
Clutch pedal
Steering wheel (although the steering is VERY heavy!)
Gear stick.
:)