ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another 182 crashed!

aarrrgghh! http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1093202698__crashedclio.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1093202736__crashedclio2.jpg Just got back from holiday on friday and our lass goes and crashes the car the very next day!To be fair tho it werent her fault. Some idiot pulled out of a junction right in front of her so she went straight into the side of his car.Even tho everything will go thro the other persons insurance, its still such a arse on all the forms and telephone calls that need to be made. So it looks like ill be getting a 1.2 clio to drive around in for the next few weeks, or hopefully a diesel clio then ill save ££££s on fuel!I just hope it dosent take ages to get the parts to repair it either, coz it means im paying £700 a year insurance for a car i cant drive.My insurance company, Elephant were wanting me to take it to there approved repair centre. Should i do this or demand it to be taken to a Renault approved centre?

[Edited by _KDF on 8/25/2004 6:27:08 PM]

Clio 197

Shame about the crash (pics not working BTW)...

If you take it to Elephants approved repairer, you can complain to Elephant if things arent to the right standard....

Make sure the repairers know that!

Hope it gets sorted, and no-ones hurt. Oms.

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

yea but you got the point in about the 1.2s so you win ;) Some reason partyboy the .jpg was missing, it has done it to me before.

Looks like the 1 thing youd think would break 1st was the only thing to survive!

That black pointy thing, you know, the proximity detectors for the anti-crash ESP system. Surprised they didnt detect the car pulling out and apply the brakes and steer around. Maybe theres a limit to what they can achieve?

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Ive recently had accident damage repaired through elephant. I just took it to my local small garage repair shop. They didnt mind at all.

Unlucky btw.

Clio 197

BIG SHAME - why cant ppl look where theyre going?

Keep any bits sound enuf for spares.

MAKE SURE THEY PUT ON THE PAINT REALLY THICK.

My ol 1.2 had a similar incident, and the paint they put on was so thin, that within a year it had huge chips right down to the metal.

Best to tell the garage to look after it, and take their time, and buy them a box of beers for £15 as a sweetener.

not any spares dont think, it will be in the hands of the spanner monkeys by tomorrow.

think there might be a front fog light left on the road tho;)

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by qwerty on 22 August 2004

Looks like the 1 thing youd think would break 1st was the only thing to survive!

That black pointy thing, you know, the proximity detectors for the anti-crash ESP system. Surprised they didnt detect the car pulling out and apply the brakes and steer around. Maybe theres a limit to what they can achieve?

1) Theyre headlight squirters...

2) ESP helps a car remain stable - doesnt work when the car is braking in a straght line - but if the driver decices to swerve (to avoid idiots), then ESP is helpful but not a miracle - physics always wins.

3) The car crashed suggesing there wasnt enough time to stop, thus if the car pulling out was "detected", the only way to avoid the accident was probably to swerve. Unless you have ten eyes covering the front, sides and back of car, swerving can be even more dangerous - you can kill overtaking motorcyclists, or you can swerve into a lorry, killing yourself.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 22 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by qwerty on 22 August 2004

<SCRIPT language=javascript> 1) Theyre headlight squirters...

2) ESP helps a car remain stable - doesnt work when the car is braking in a straght line - but if the driver decices to swerve (to avoid idiots), then ESP is helpful but not a miracle - physics always wins.

3) The car crashed suggesing there wasnt enough time to stop, thus if the car pulling out was "detected", the only way to avoid the accident was probably to swerve. Unless you have ten eyes covering the front, sides and back of car, swerving can be even more dangerous - you can kill overtaking motorcyclists, or you can swerve into a lorry, killing yourself.

I think he was joking pal, surely those stiicky out bits are headlamp washer jets?

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Sorry to hear about your car mate, atleast its not the entire front end! could be worse. get it fixed by renault, best way its their car. i had my renault traffic van fixed through the insurance and they made a right dogs dinner of it!

And who gives a monkeys about motorbikes anyway? silly buggers are always hiding in your blind spots! i saw some tw*t on an R1 get smoushed in Norfolk on the weekend, his own fault tho and he deserved it really. he was riding like a tw*t and was basicly clinging to the back door of the lorry infront. so when the lorry decided to break / dodge around some debris in the road, nob on the rode straight into the back of the lorry

Properly tw*tted

:D

I must appologise to any bike riders on here that arnt complete nobbers, but there are a lot out thwere that give you all a bad name, bit like the few white vans that get every white van a bad name!

Liquid yellow R26 F1

If i was you, id deff take it to Renault..!

My dad had a massive one in his LR Discovery a few years ago.. he had it repaired by a repair place as recomeded by the insurance co.. they completey f**ked it.. lights didnt work.., water leaks.. obviously its an extreme case as he got hit up the ass on the M25 whilst stationery by a 7 series doing about 80..:eek:

Only my opinion, but worth constdering..

i took mine to reno its been in twice and has to go back again coz they cant get it right:mad:.they have sprayed it three times and got the colour wrong everytime i am well pissed off. (arctic blue)

[Edited by tunni on 23 August 2004 at 10:38am]

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Mack on 23 August 2004

Am i the only one who thinks they look photoshoped. If they are real, unlucky
No you arent, I thought that as soon as I saw them but didnt want to post. The thing that made me think this was the texture of the bumper, loos wierd and also there is a mark to the left of the renault badge on the first pic and this isnt there on the second which could be due to the angle, but yes, I too thought they were photoshopped.

BMW 328 Ci

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 23 August 2004

No you arent, I thought that as soon as I saw them but didnt want to post. The thing that made me think this was the texture of the bumper, loos wierd and also there is a mark to the left of the renault badge on the first pic and this isnt there on the second which could be due to the angle, but yes, I too thought they were photoshopped.
The black line above the light gives it away, what is that supposed to be?

wish the pix were fakes mate,

i can assure u they are genuine, took the pix on my cam phone. the black marks are off the other car. it does look strange tho how u can see marks on one but not the other pix, presume it must be the light reflection. There was an off duty copper who was there at the time of the crash and she took some photos before they pulled the 2 cars apart. She said she will email me them as soon as she can. ill put them on ere when i get them.

Yeah James the front wing had cracked mate, are the wings plastic to save weight or are they supposed to be safer in an impact?

Take it to renault. If you have problems with body work in the future, like rust, then Renault will probably fail to cover it under warranty.

Insurance companies tend to go for the cheapest quotes, which is rarely a main dealer. Cheap isnt always good.

Insists it goes to a renault dealership. Say its a renault car, under renault warranty so it should be repaired by Renault or a Renault Approved Repair center at least.

182, GTR, C63

Shame about the crash. Good news about getting a courtesy car. You must try to fcuk it up. Its the grown up think to do. Clutchless shifts, extreme engine breaking, wrecking the handbrake stretching its cable. All part of the courtesy car expirince.

If that doesnt float your boat i suppose your not gonna enjoy going without the 182. Id claim it as a write off if possible and demand a new one since it aint your insurance company payin and then it wont be registered a crashed vehicle so youll get more when you sell it and it will be easier to get shut of.

Quote: Originally posted by BabyClio on 23 August 2004

Take it to renault. If you have problems with body work in the future, like rust, then Renault will probably fail to cover it under warranty.
Insurance companies tend to go for the cheapest quotes, which is rarely a main dealer. Cheap isnt always good.

Insists it goes to a renault dealership. Say its a renault car, under renault warranty so it should be repaired by Renault or a Renault Approved Repair center at least.
After the work Renault did to fix my car Id personaly recomend that it didnt go to them. It took them 2 months to fix and they still didnt get it right took another 2 visits for them to fix the bits and even then it wasnt right (although it took another 11k to find this out)

its gone to elephants own approved bodyshop, hope its gonna be ok, it was only 3 months old!

got a brand new micra courtesy car tho, a nice blue 5 door:cool:, with only 2500 miles on the clock.

been told ill get the clio back at the back end of next week, and theres about 2 grands worth of damage done to it. was told the complete headlight unit costs nearly £500!

Heres one of the photos one of the witnesses took and emailed to me

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1093365667__crash3.jpg

[Edited by partyboy on 24 August 2004 at 5:47pm]

[Edited by partyboy on 24 August 2004 at 5:48pm]

Plus renault wont sell the glass/clear bit seperate! Which means a cracked foglight costs £60 to replace. :mad:

Octavia VRS

Unlucky mate

The folks who said it was photoshopped should apologise! Altho after you had mentioned it I had another look and I could see where you were coming from! But the latest pic shows it definitely was another idiot not looking where they are going.

What saddos would want to send in fake crash photos?!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 25 August 2004

Unlucky mate

The folks who said it was photoshopped should apologise! Altho after you had mentioned it I had another look and I could see where you were coming from! But the latest pic shows it definitely was another idiot not looking where they are going.

calm down mate, get off your high horse, there were no accusations, it was just a comment on how the pics looked, nothing was suggested by me that the accident did not happen, that would be ludicrous and ideed would be a saddo. And as you do say yourself, the pics do look a little wierd.

yeah the cav was a right off, its not worth gettin it fixed.

The people in the other car didnt get out till the ambulance and police arrived. think they were scarred of our lass, coz she was really fuming!:)

when the police arrived they interviewed and breatherlised my girlfriend and it took about 5-10 minutes. then they took the other driver inside the cop car and he was in there for all of the hour we were there, and he was still there when we went. so dont know if there was summit up with him?

Its okay what people commented about the first pix. i printed them off and comparing them it does look strange. i can only think the sun was reflecting off the car.

Looks like you didnt get the cup suspension, perhaps if you had youd have stopped in time?;) I assume the ABS worked hard to lessen the impact but was it minor enough that the airbags didnt go off?

(Looks like the cavalier didnt have cup suspension either!)

Quote: Originally posted by qwerty on 25 August 2004

(Looks like the cavalier didnt have cup suspension either!)
No cup suspension for the Cavalier, looks like they pumped for the cup spoiler pack instead - the anthracite roof box!

Joking aside hope the car is back to its former glory asap.

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 25 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 25 August 2004

Unlucky mate

calm down mate, get off your high horse, there were no accusations, it was just a comment on how the pics looked, nothing was suggested by me that the accident did not happen, that would be ludicrous and ideed would be a saddo. And as you do say yourself, the pics do look a little wierd.

wasnt having a go at u mate! ooh er my high horse! :eek:

yup i was suprised too when our lass told me the airbags didnt go off. she must of braked enough to lessen the impact.

but isnt it better that they didnt go off, coz i think the airbags themselves can hurt ya too.

would of liked the cup pack but got it on import so didnt have the choice.:(

Another thing im not happy about is that the front number plate is getting replaced but not the back, so there will be 2 different garage names on the smallprint of the plates. i asked if they would change the back too but was told i would have to pay. I know its not a major thing, but when i eventually sell the car it will look a bit dodgy if someone notices it.

also told the repair will not be recorded as its not to serious.