ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another addition to the Clio gang...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well its started..... ffs.

After being assured by the previous owner that the sunroof didn't leak, the first sign of rain and its now got two very wet seats!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its not a massive deal, but it just means the wheel refurb, repaint and everything has been put back a fortnight while I sort it out.

Cars suck.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hopefully.

I'm now also stuck on what tyres to go for. It has 4 odd tyres on it at the moment and it bugs me. There are so so many out there though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
195-50-15's probably.

Although the proper size for them is 185-55-15 if i'm going to be anal about it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I had v12's on mine and they lasted for frikin ages, trackdays etc. Rainsport2's are supposed to be amazing aswell, that's where my money would be tbh. Cheap/good-win :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think Rainsport2's are the favourite so far. Can't believe how cheap they are!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Like you say they are cheap, its def what I would get if you didn't want or need to spend a fortune

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
That looks utterly gorgeous! Really miss my old valver :'( Prefered it to the 182, although the 182 is easier to drive, valvers were more 'raw'

you Just don't see cars that look so aggressive standard no more! These have a real character about them :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its the sunroof, the roof lining is damp all along the front of the sunroof.

I will be doing the ariel base and the sunroof in one hit when I do it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks really nice that mate. I think that a leaky sunroof was one of the few problems I didn't have with my old one!

STA70215.jpg

STA70217.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can get 4, all fitted and balanced for £170 and imo, thats fantastic value for money.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Had my painter come and see me today to go over the car.... Fcuk sake.

So i'm sending the wheels off to be blasted and powder coated. They are too far gone for a paint refurb really. In original silver and darker centre caps. OEM is key!

Then while they're being done, its having a complete respray apart from the tailgate and the roof.

When he gave me the price, I nearly vomited over his son who was stood next to me. But he's going to give it two coats of lacquer so that he can flat the top coat to get it glass like.

BUT!!! I managed to pursuade him to let me come down when the car's there and do some bits to ease the labour burden. Only simple things like remove the glass, bumpers, mirrors, door trims etc. He knocked £100 off for that! lol.

Every little helps Tommy Tesco!

So yeah, that should be happening end of this week/next week.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I was a perfectionist, i'd be having the roof and the tailgate done! lol.

But yes, he did say that he'd wet sand the whole car and polish it and a spend a day doing some delicate touching in and it would look good for the age... Basically trying to pursuade me not to waste my money! lol.

But its such a nice car, it deserves to be sorted properly.

I can't wait to get it back with brand new wheels and tyres, fresh paint..... Going to look amazing!

An orange one
I really like that!

Out of interest, how much extra would the roof and tailgate add to the paint price?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
This will look awesome when it's finished, love how you pump soo much money into Clios lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Saw another naples one on PH for £750 the other day, completely standard. Was in Bristol too.

Tempted myself tbh.

Toureg vW Transporte
Mega, Lush colour, fab ride height. Best shape made IMO. Reminds me of good old days. What does one of these things cost now? Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really like that!

Out of interest, how much extra would the roof and tailgate add to the paint price?

An extra £300 he wanted. There's nothing wrong with the roof or tailgate so it would have been a waste of money.

This will look awesome when it's finished, love how you pump soo much money into Clios lol

I don't. I reckon this thing will owe me £2500 when its finished... For a M plate clio!! lol. I've just ordered 4 tyres literally 10 minutes ago too.

Saw another naples one on PH for £750 the other day, completely standard. Was in Bristol too.

Tempted myself tbh.

That also belonged to the girl that owned this one. They had three naples mk1's!