ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Day, Another Bay

Elise S1 B&C 140
Done my Engine bay over the weekned, just needs the sticker now to finish off, arrived in the post this morning:cool:

PA100190.jpg

PA100188.jpg

PA100187.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
Got to love the monaco's! :)

Exactly what Im doing with mine! Although I have a plan with the manifold and Fuel rail :)

Where did you get the sticker form?? Am after one for mine

Monaco RS Clio 172
how do you polish them?

still yet to do anything with my plenum....

is it just fine sand paper I'm guessing?

Elise S1 B&C 140
how do you polish them?

still yet to do anything with my plenum....

is it just fine sand paper I'm guessing?

Yeah start off with coarse sand paper (something like 120 grit) to get off the rough casting finish. then work with finer and finer stuff to take out the scratches left by the coarse paper (Finish with something like 2500 grit) then get the autosol out and give it a gold old polish.

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah was quite pleased for a Halfrauds spray can lol

I've alwasy been against Halfrauds but il give em there dues on this occasion... I got some over the weekend too (to do my cover and bullets) and it seems spot on.... once the layers go on.... Looked shite after 1 or 2 coats

A Flamin' Red one
Another day another bay indeed! This is madness! ;)

Looks very well done though pal. Pics of the engine bay from a far?

Elise S1 B&C 140
I've alwasy been against Halfrauds but il give em there dues on this occasion... I got some over the weekend too (to do my cover and bullets) and it seems spot on.... once the layers go on.... Looked s**te after 1 or 2 coats

Yeah sfter the first couple of coats it looked more like cup blue, but darkened with the layers, and the clearcoat finished it nicely

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah sfter the first couple of coats it looked more like cup blue, but darkened with the layers, and the clearcoat finished it nicely

Yep exactly what I found!!... good to know it ends up looking okay... I made a bit of an error in not removing all the grease etc from mine... so its come through with the paint. DOH!

Still getting used to all this spraying lark so at least i've learnt for when I finish it off next weekend!

Hopefully mine will look like yours but with a bit of whiteness in there too :)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Looks very good. One thing i will ask though is did you use heat resistant paint? I cant see normal spray paint lasting very long before beginning to flake.

b/g 182, meg tourer
nice!
remove or paint that engine hoist mount tho, ruins it imo.
have you painted the battery terminal cover? if not, paint it monaco ;)