ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another entry into 200+ (RS2&197)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Our results seem to be consistent.

Spec:-
RS2
197 cams on Michael Woodford Motorsport timing
182 exhaust manifold
Decat
Cat back

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357389872.237175.jpg

182 Turbo
So what if I want 438's & a RS2, we talking higher torque with the cams and the inlet will hold onto that torque? A consistent spread of 160lbft would be nice with a peak of 210bhp ?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Mike, the torque looks to be sitting at 140lbft is this down to the cams or does the PH1 not perform the same as 172 cup for arguments sake?

As in the standard cams mine seems to sit at 150lbft?

Unless I'm reading the graphs wrong?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
-j- the midrange on mikes was neer quite finished in the map, was running 12 flat afr, only reason it saw the dyno today was cause he is just about to remove the rs2 to sell, would have made about 145 I would expect.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
-j- the midrange on mikes was neer quite finished in the map, was running 12 flat afr, only reason it saw the dyno today was cause he is just about to remove the rs2 to sell, would have made about 145 I would expect.

Ah got you, so a few more tweaks of the mapping and it would have been up around where mine is :)

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Ah got you, so a few more tweaks of the mapping and it would have been up around where mine is :)

Jay,

That was on a map I literally spent 10mins on just to dyno it. Ill post the AFR graph so you can see where it will make more power.

Tims brought the RS2 off me so I just did a rush attempt to get a dyno figure.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Jay,

That was on a map I literally spent 10mins on just to dyno it. Ill post the AFR graph so you can see where it will make more power.

Tims brought the RS2 off me so I just did a rush attempt to get a dyno figure.

Nice one, I've got a set of 197 Cams here ready to go in mine when the belts due.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Mike, the torque looks to be sitting at 140lbft is this down to the cams or does the PH1 not perform the same as 172 cup for arguments sake?

As in the standard cams mine seems to sit at 150lbft?

Unless I'm reading the graphs wrong?

140lbft in the lower mid-range and upwards, 147lbft peak.

Ah come on, lighten up its only a bit of banter!

Piss off to general chat then.

Is there much difference between DBW and cable throttle with the problematic delay you get on DBW, looking at the results I'd say they are great for a road car and a blast on a track day.

Regards Russ....

Inferno 225 cup
This site winds me up, generally nice knowledgable people have posted in this thread, whys it always ruined by people that nitpick and pick up on grammar errors and just act like general tits!!

The other thread got ruined, please don't do this one.

Thanks for the prices mate, appreciate it.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
This site winds me up, generally nice knowledgable people have posted in this thread, whys it always ruined by people that nitpick and pick up on grammar errors and just act like general tits!!

The other thread got ruined, please don't do this one.

Thanks for the prices mate, appreciate it.

This place has some (fill in the blanks)

Glad that when you text me earlier it cracked the 200bhp! My old engine this is, must have above 120k now and proving how strong these engines are when maintained properly! And obviously not forgetting Mikes handywork helped make the figures!

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Glad that when you text me earlier it cracked the 200bhp! My old engine this is, must have above 120k now and proving how strong these engines are when maintained properly! And obviously not forgetting Mikes handywork helped make the figures!

I've put 30k on that engine. What was it on when it was removed from your cup?

182 Turbo
Tbh I don't think you could go faster for the cash with a Clio.

Thats exactly the problem to be honest, clio's are good value for money how they come out the box, after owning 3 clio's now including the turbo I bought off you I'd rather go elsewhere now, next project being a zlet corsa. The money you spend getting such small gains just isn't worth it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lesley's is on 150k now although I did fit some new rings when the Cambelt failed as seemed silly not to while the head was off. Her exhaust is more restrictive than dan/mike have but I'm sure even with the quiet exhaust and cat on it must be around 190-195.

Status
Not open for further replies.