ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another graphics card update thread - Sorry!

Right thanks to you guys I was able to go onto the Toshiba website and download the OEM Nvidia drivers for my laptop graphics card - installed them and away we went:)

However upon installing farcry 2 it says at the start my graphics card doesn't have the latest drivers! It still runs farcry 2 pretty good so not overly bothered but would be nice to squeezxe an extra frame or two out if poss???????

Is it just a case of waiting for Toshiba to churn out a newer driver? The one I downloaded was from July 08! Nvidia do have newer drivers on their site but Toshiba only has older ones!

cheers

Mark

I do know that Nvidia released a new driver with specific optimisations for FarCry 2. This is most likely why the game is asking you to upgrade.

I remember that driver release. I upgraded to the beta, and it visibly improved my frames. I've since changed my gfx anyway.

I'm not entirely sure this is the same thing, though. Unfortunately, this is one reason why laptops are not ideal gaming machines. Saying that, have you tried installing the Nvidia drivers? It's possible they may install?

Better than yours. C*nt.
You have to get laptop drivers from OEMs. It's a bit of a ballache, and one the industry is trying to work out how to break from, but unfortunately it's not that simple as it's not as simple as desktops, as most desktop cards run the reference designs with only a few deviations.

Starting another thread to continue a discussion already open FTL.

Hence the apology in the title and tbh it had moved on from there:p

As an update I logged a call with Toshiba and they were like 'just try the newest drivers and if they don't work out use the old ones' - there was almost a lol in there!

So I did!

And.........

probably 3-4FPS better off:D using FRAPS