ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another really cool feature on my 172

If the wipers are on auto, when you select reverse gear it works the rear wiper, and then every 2 seconds while you have it in reverse.

The amount of luxury stuff I got on my 11k 172 never ceases to amaze me.

That and the fact that last night the excellent handling stopped me looking like a real mailto:tw@t">tw@t after I completely misjudged a corner, doh.

Lee

BMW M2C

The rear wiper doing that is called smart wipers or something like that, it also means the fronts ones stop when you are stationary in traffic.

What most the rest of the range dont have is full auto wipers at the front.

Polo + Micra

full auto wipers??? (does that mean you dont have to touch the wiper stalk at all???)

even i have the smart rear wiper and ive got a 1996 car

and on the front windows for the megane and above (im sure the clio doesnt have it) is the speed alteration for intermitant level

Jay

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Dink16v on 30 July 2004

full auto wipers??? (does that mean you dont have to touch the wiper stalk at all???)
correct other thasn putting them on the first auto position they will go on and off on their own and change speed on their own.

lol, yep, so are mine, I mean I switch them on and they go back and forth on their own without me having to push them or anything.

Ford Fiesta

yes on the newer dynamique models they come with this feature also, have a look see if you have a black box above the rear view mirror.

172, Tiguan

Auto wipers are a pain in the arse:

Big bug hits screen.

Auto wipers start

Auto wipers smear bug

mess

Changing the subject slightly but does anyone else find it annoying when your lights come on when going under the smallest bridge. The car in front must think, "what a knob!!" When they come on I tend to drive with both hands on top of the wheel just incase the car in front sees that when they go off, I havent moved my hands. Then they must think, "Cool".

:oops:

Lee

BMW M2C

I switched off the auto headlights for that very same reason. When driving into Birmingham I thought I was going to get shot!

To disable them turn the key to position 2 with the engine off and then switch the headlamps on and off twice. Youll hear a beep and they are disabled.

VaVa

lol.... you should try driving through birmingham..... on....off.... on..... off

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 30 July 2004 at 12:06pm]

Sorry Lee, you beat me too it!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 30 July 2004

and on the front windows for the megane and above (im sure the clio doesnt have it) is the speed alteration for intermitant level

Jay
apart from base models all later clios without auto wipers have this adjustable intermittant and the wiper speed kick down when you pull up at junctions etc.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 30 July 2004
I switched off the auto headlights for that very same reason. When driving into Birmingham I thought I was going to get shot!To disable them turn the key to position 2 with the engine off and then switch the headlamps on and off twice.  Youll hear a beep and they are disabled.

Cheers Dude!!

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 30 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 30 July 2004

Jay
apart from base models all later clios without auto wipers have this adjustable intermittant and the wiper speed kick down when you pull up at junctions etc.
i stand correct

its silly tho that if my 96 megane has all these wiper features that they didnt get to the clio unil years later.

fair enuf wait a couple of years but takes the piss