ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another track car thing... storm grey content

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Finally an update....

Samco hoses finally arrived after about 7 weeks of waiting!

Fitted these in place with adaptors to allow them to fit my smaller heater matrix inside the car!

The engine bay fusebox had previously been tampered with my someone and it always gave me issues. Loose relays / fuses had caused cutting out before during superlap scotland which isn’t ideal!

So a new smaller fusebox ordered and everything swapped over that was needed. The three large fuses that split the loom for engine removal are still in the bay however I just need to find a way of tidying those up!

a62edb4605607e9fb438432ec1e8d0b5.jpg
0e54d646999fa88c052cec2f26fecda5.jpg

Also finally got round to fitting my carbon flat floor plate!
df34ddd40518ab1cbbb2c7530af671ca.jpg

And finally I got my electric fire extinguisher plumbed in

ddc263106badfc577e681018e584efaf.jpg

859d0da660d19f0302bef154b925187e.jpg

A new daily for towing the car to track and the first trackday of the year was underway!

Car performed well however I was very very rusty. I’ve got another trackday booked before the first round of the season starts at the end of April!

Knockhill has recently been resurfaced to all braking markers and turning markers have been removed... a lot to learn then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
So yeah.... the first race of the season went well

Had a good morning qualifying 2nd with no real car troubles. A couple of setup changes to compensate for changing weather/track conditions.

The main “superlap” felt good with a few mistakes that I’ll hopefully have ironed out over the next few rounds.
59.3 seconds was enough to bag me first in class!

Later followed by a door to door race which is worked out very complicated however it by the end of it all I’d bagged 2nd in class after throwing it away on the last lap and 3rd overall out of all cars that were competing.

Cracking weekend and looking forward to rounds 2/3 in June

IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
completely forgot to update this thread after rounds 2/3!

Round 2

absolutely soaking. The car was performing excellent with the times being top of the class for the majority of the day including qualifying!
Quickest time in the wet was a high 62 which was good going! However in the final I could only piece together a 64s lap with the wrong tyres being on everyone's car as the track dried up. top marks going to John Lindsay.

Still managed to pull a second place out of the bag which was good to get more points on the board!

Round 3

Much better weather for this round and very poor times in the class from the morning practice sessions!
After some alignment tweaks for qualifying I found the seconds that I was missing and managed to put the car on pole for qualifying again. (I'm sure i'll get corrected if I'm mistaken there)

Final lap was going great for the first part, duffas / scotsman and through the chicane was perfect. I don't think I could've taken it any cleaner. I then had a slight off dipping one wheel into the gravel and turned in early for the final corner.
I was expecting a poor finish but again I managed to secure first place which was superb!

The final chase race which has a very complicated handicap system that I'm not going to try and explain went well.
I got a clean start and had a great battle with some of the next class ups cars for the first few laps.
I then had about 6 laps of chasing a 20vt fiat coupe with an exhaust hanging off of it.
Eventually I managed to pass the fiat and hold him off until the checkered flag.

This resulted in a 1st in class trophy and a 2nd place overall once the handicaps had been applied to the times.

All in all a great weekends racing and the next rounds taking place in just over a week!

Also on a side note I'm pretty sure I'm selling the car at the end of the season if no one buys my wee cup that's for sale atm.