ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another v6 airbox thread

Golf GTD Mk7
no gains, just a bit of grunt if you leave the caf open ie. no piping. Never tried it with, so i'm not sure of the effects on noise.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
The real results of a V6 airbox on my car:

193.3 Bhp with cams
163 ft lbs

Then rolling roaded with standard airbox 2 months later, same rollers prior to ITB fitting

192.7 Bhp
169.4 ft lbs

Stick to the standard box. It's very well designed! All figures from TDF's RR.

seems to rev a bit more freely, obviously difference in noise. Thats about it really. Im running the JMS setup with the Pipercross race filter

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've been running the V6 box with K&N for ages, can't say I've noticed any difference other than the glorious tone it gives, maybe a slight increase of low down pull but this might be just me thinking that due to the noise.

Unless you get one very cheap I probably wouldn't do it again or recommend it, just take 1 of your cold air feeds of the standard airbox and fit a replacement filter, doesn't really make much difference which one

RS RIP
My paper oem filter made made more torque, more responsive to the throttle. The Piper one i got now gives a little more top end power, sluggish on throttle response though.

My vote goes to oem paper

Fiesta ST3
ok, so after some advice ive decided to take my CAF out / out. Now then as im a nubile, I have some questions; firstly is this the CAF:
Photo004-3.gif

obv the pipe thing is what im on about;)

also do I need to take the box out in order to take the CAF out?

Cheers!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
the fabric hose in the pics is the CAF, it just slides into the airbox, think you may have to squeeze the sides in gently as it has 2 plastic bumps that locate. this then leads down to the acoustic valve and can simply be pulled off this also. No need to remove the airbox.

Have a look for the many threads there are about removing the acoustic valve also as once the CAF is removed this does nothing