ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anti-roll bar question

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
think my bushes have finally worn after 86k (40k lowered), so im looking to replace them, but considering replacing the ARB with a thicker one (ie one off a 172), so was wondering if anyone could get me a price from dialogys if possible, since i dont have access to my own computer at the moment.

Also, the lower arm bushes, are the difficult to change?

The 172 one won't fit from memory. Get one from a scrap yard from a 1.4/1.6 or diesel. The diesel and 1.6 will all run the thicknes ARB at 25mm wheras the 172 is 24mm. Stokc 1.2 is 22mm (all figures are for the phase 2 cars and from memory)

Tungy
Hi mate. I have my subframe out and replaced the bushes yesterday so have some handy information for you! It was out of a valver, but i think they are the same as the mk2's? Cost me £8.82 I think for all the bushes and the bolt but good god were they awkward! Have to be compressed really tight to get the nyloc nut on the bolt. Me and my dad took the vice out the garage and used it to compress the roll bar with the wishbones until the bolt had came through the bushes and the roll bar. It was very awkward and I wouldn't advise trying to do one yourself on the car without proper tools?

Lots of Alfas
Its a common thing for them to go on the mk2ph1s, its not really worth replacing the whole bar imo. Just get the bolts and bushes from Renault and yes they can be a b**ch to do, especially when the car is jacked up.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
not worth replacing the bar?

i'd have thought it'd make a huge difference, standard bar isnt stiff enough imho.

Probably going to give it a go - did my mates bar (uprated eibach front, and an additional rear) on his mk4 golf 1.8t a few weeks ago, and its made such a difference!