ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any chance of a date change to avoid a clash with OrigineRS?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is it too late to change the date?

Would quite like to do CSS as always good to meet up with friends from the forum and meet a few new faces etc, but Ive just realised its a clash with OrigineRS which is at Goodwood on the same date, which presumably means that this year there will be far less of the interesting stuff like Clio V6's at CSS as a result as they will be on track at Goodwood instead in a lot of cases I guess.

So was just wondering as its just meeting up at a campsite, is it possible to move it to another weekend so its possible to do both, or is it too late for that now?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
If you think it is just a meeting at a campsite then you're gravely mistaken.

We've booked hog roast catering, segways, 60ft zip wires, racing simulators amongst other things.

There's no chance of changing the date, and we knew when booking it would clash - There was no alternative date or other venue.

Is it too late to change the date?

Would quite like to do CSS as always good to meet up with friends from the forum and meet a few new faces etc, but Ive just realised its a clash with OrigineRS which is at Goodwood on the same date, which presumably means that this year there will be far less of the interesting stuff like Clio V6's at CSS as a result as they will be on track at Goodwood instead in a lot of cases I guess.

So was just wondering as its just meeting up at a campsite, is it possible to move it to another weekend so its possible to do both, or is it too late for that now?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thats a shame. Would have liked to have done CSS as have enjoyed it the last couple of years, but its not often I get the chance to see a load of V6 clios etc on track.

Unpleasant choice to have to make :(

Judging by how cautious the V6 owners are (and from what I gather on cliov6), will there actually be any on track anyway?

Maybe one or 2, and the rest sharing a box of tissues for the amount of brake dust on the alloys? :p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Judging by how cautious the V6 owners are (and from what I gather on cliov6), will there actually be any on track anyway?

Maybe one or 2, and the rest sharing a box of tissues for the amount of brake dust on the alloys? :p

15 booked on track so far.

Along with loads of other cool stuff like turbo 2 renault 5s etc apparently.

If just 1 of those V6's gets driven properly it should be good to watch, but there is certainly a chance all 15 will go out and be gentle, lol.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Oooo! Segways!!!!! I'm still yet to go in a twizy
Will one be at CSS this year?

OT- shame about the clash, but I'll be at CSS :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's for snobby people.

'Normal' Renaultsports are not allowed in.

There are different display areas, all renault sports are allowed in, but the more exotic stuff gets centre stage and priority for track access.

Which IS a shame from a snobby point of view, but then also is a good thing from the point of view of making the track action itneresting to watch as lets face it normal cups etc you can see at any trackady, I will probably see 40 mk2 clios on track at bedford with me this friday for example!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've never even heard of this other event before now! Can't be that big!

Its more about quality than quantity TBH Gally.

The ethos behind ‘Origine RS’ is to showcase the very best of Renaults Motorsport heritage and the road cars that have followed on from their success, in a way not currently done. We want this new concept to focus as much on creating a great atmosphere for those who attend, as the show of quality cars that you’ll find in the show arena. Be it an original R8 Gordini, an Alpine 310 to a Clio 182 Trophy and beyond, this is the event for you.

But they have display areas for "normal" renault sports as well.

You can see who goes where here:

http://originers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/ORIGINE-RS-ELIGIBLE-VEHICLES-V1.2.pdf

Even a 172 can get into the central area if its a really nice example, and into the outer gravel display area if it isnt.

Its a highly unusual opportunity to see some of the countries finest renaultsport cars, at a very prestigious location which is steeped in motorsport heritage and at the same time see some track action or even get on track yourself if thats your thing.

Last edited:
  V6 255, 172's, JCW,
It's very unfortunate that the two events clash this year, but by the time Luke and I realised that was the case there really wasn't anything either of us could do about it, which is a great shame as there are a lot of v6 owners that really enjoy CSS... myself included. That said, CSS and Origine RS are quite different.. so something for everyone, just in two different places.

There's no surprise that many of you on CS haven't heard about ORS. Because there is an obvious cross over and common ground with v6Clio.net and ClioSport, there's enough respect between our clubs not to advertise on each other's forums. Assuming Origine RS all goes well and to plan on the day, we'll be doing it again next year to celebrate 15 years of the v6 Clio, and 20 years of v6Clio.net as well as any other RS and Alpine notable anniversaries. Soooo... CSS and ORS will not clash next year, meaning members of both clubs can enjoy both events if they wish! :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It's very unfortunate that the two events clash this year, but by the time Luke and I realised that was the case there really wasn't anything either of us could do about it, which is a great shame as there are a lot of v6 owners that really enjoy CSS... myself included. That said, CSS and Origine RS are quite different.. so something for everyone, just in two different places.

There's no surprise that many of you on CS haven't heard about ORS. Because there is an obvious cross over and common ground with v6Clio.net and ClioSport, there's enough respect between our clubs not to advertise on each other's forums. Assuming Origine RS all goes well and to plan on the day, we'll be doing it again next year to celebrate 15 years of the v6 Clio, and 20 years of v6Clio.net as well as any other RS and Alpine notable anniversaries. Soooo... CSS and ORS will not clash next year, meaning members of both clubs can enjoy both events if they wish! :D

As I said to you at FCS mate we definitely need to do more together. Or at the very least, speak to each other just that little bit more. Maybe we should start up a FB group ;)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
As I said to you at FCS mate we definitely need to do more together. Or at the very least, speak to each other just that little bit more. Maybe we should start up a FB group ;)

Hi mate... agreed! Let's get talking and sort something out. :approve:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That's good news mate, id like to get the ph1 out and about a bit more.

The only show ive taken it to was CSS last year. :cool:

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
You only fall off if you're not very good.
Was at mallory park, Off road. Hit a Large rock and got thrown off.

I was doing very well until then Thank you very much.

now i will have Pain for the rest of my life in the center of my back and acute pain when anything firm touches the break points.
OH SEGWAYS ARE FUN! not

Was at mallory park, Off road. Hit a Large rock and got thrown off.

I was doing very well until then Thank you very much.

now i will have Pain for the rest of my life in the center of my back and acute pain when anything firm touches the break points.
OH SEGWAYS ARE FUN! not

Why didn't you avoid the large rock out of interest? Not having a dig, but if it was that big, surely you saw it?

The accident sounds nasty! :(

Never been on a Segway, so no clue what they're like to actual pilot, only seen videos.