ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ITB owners from CLIOTURBO?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Only just seen this bud, as the tag for me wasn't right. Used a comma, not a full stop.

But, the SC set up runs 250bhp and 220lb ft. It delivers the power in an almost identical fashion to NA, but with better lower end pull. I like it for track work, as it is a more 'predictable' and steady delivery of power than a turbo, so you can feather the throttle where necessary etc. A well built / mapped turbo will have the same feel though.

Replacing the charger is £1k. It won't damage anything else, at least not that I am aware of.

On the plus side, it is more 'gentle' on the gearbox, and given the diff in mine that is something I prefer.

Outright speed, yes it is noticeably quicker than a standard 1*2 both in terms of acceleration and overall pace.

To give you an idea, 250bhp in a car weighing circa 1000kg (a boosted clio) is the same power to weight as;

- Audi R8 4.2 V8
- Lexus IS-F
- Porsche 997 Carrera S
- DB9 V12
- Jaguar XK-RS
- Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR FQ 340

BG Clio 182
Reliability wise - I've had zero problems to date. Don't scrimp on a kit or the cost for someone to properly fit like @Dan@SJM or @Andyrg@ ClioTurbo .
Excellent post that mate really enjoyed reading it and I now think If I'm going to do it ill go for the charger. I heard you have to rebuild them myself, what is it that wears out and why do they need rebuilding?

I've only ever been in one supercharged car and that was a 197. It was awesomely fast and knocking out way over 300bhp but the guy said it wasn't mapped right and it didn't behave how yours does by the sounds of it progressiveness wise.

Ah s**t sorry I forgot the full stop haha! I would definitely get it well fitted. Is there anywhere that sells it as a package to fit? As Andy obviously has the ITB and Turbo packages but no mention of charging etc.

I just don't want a nightmare. Things breaking and zapping the enjoyment out of it. I know it's all only rubber and metal and it does break but some things make it break faster. Haha.

Sounds like your car is pretty monsterous mate and I'd be keen to have a good chat through it and look at it with you at CSS!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Excellent post that mate really enjoyed reading it and I now think If I'm going to do it ill go for the charger. I heard you have to rebuild them myself, what is it that wears out and why do they need rebuilding?

I've only ever been in one supercharged car and that was a 197. It was awesomely fast and knocking out way over 300bhp but the guy said it wasn't mapped right and it didn't behave how yours does by the sounds of it progressiveness wise.

Ah s**t sorry I forgot the full stop haha! I would definitely get it well fitted. Is there anywhere that sells it as a package to fit? As Andy obviously has the ITB and Turbo packages but no mention of charging etc.

I just don't want a nightmare. Things breaking and zapping the enjoyment out of it. I know it's all only rubber and metal and it does break but some things make it break faster. Haha.

Sounds like your car is pretty monsterous mate and I'd be keen to have a good chat through it and look at it with you at CSS!

No worries, glad it was useful. The Rotrex supercharger's let go, and you can't rebuild the charger itself, unlike a turbo unit. So you need to swap it out.

Modifying any car runs the risk of it being problematic. The golden rule, is do it properly, by someone who knows what they are doing. In terms of fitting, @Dan@SJM has the most experience with superchargers on these cars, alongside Paul at RS Tuning.

Not sure how monstrous mine is, but it is good fun :) I'll be at CSS so happy to talk it through, and bring a helmet if you want a passenger ride.

BG Clio 182
No worries, glad it was useful. The Rotrex supercharger's let go, and you can't rebuild the charger itself, unlike a turbo unit. So you need to swap it out.

Modifying any car runs the risk of it being problematic. The golden rule, is do it properly, by someone who knows what they are doing. In terms of fitting, @Dan@SJM has the most experience with superchargers on these cars, alongside Paul at RS Tuning.

Not sure how monstrous mine is, but it is good fun :) I'll be at CSS so happy to talk it through, and bring a helmet if you want a passenger ride.
Wow mate that would be like f**king incredible! Quite honoured you'd let me tbh haha! I've been in a mega Turbo'd one so be nice to compare mate and see where I want to go with it really.

I don't believe in doing anything cheaply so I'd 100% go somewhere and get it done properly and by either andy or Dan mate.

Thanks so much for replying mate because I am serious about it I just don't really know what to do there's so much choice and opinion.

Thanks matey.