ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ME221 gurus on here?

Hi all,

*Won't respond to responses that aren't relevant to my situation*

Done the mech install for my ITBs on my ph1 & trying to get it started on the PnP ME221 and I'm hitting a brick wall

As the car is a ph1 then I have done all the pin swaps necessary

The fuel pump is priming but the TPS signal doesn't change with pressing the throttle & the IAT is reading 0

I'd like to be able to sort these so I can drive it for final mapping

Any suggestions?
IMG_5275[5163].jpg
IMG_5276[5165].jpg

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate, I’m sure you have but Alex was very helpful when I was looking into the ECU for mine on FB messenger

c2198646acd2ff559b82595a834f7c33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they not have a debugging screen to help with this? Do you have any noise on either TPS or IAT when logging? Is coolant reading anything? Also screw using DBW with this.

ME couldn’t help at all, they said they’d need to collect the car to diagnose the issue

No noise that I’ve noticed

Coolant is reading a sane figure

Car is a Ph1 so mechanical throttle not DBW

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh, fair enough. Can't help much either without some testing. You need to buy a multimeter (even a cheap amazon one) and do some simple tests. I am betting a pin or two are in the wrong place or an earth is missing.

Normally the TPS, CLT and IAT will have a separate signal GND back to ecu (separate from the power gnd) good chance this isn't there if all three aren't working. Don't count on the CLT working without heating it up to check. Normally they have a bias network which places the reading at a bit less than running temp so when the connector is disconnected or sensor is open cct the engine will still run after a fashion (which is why a 0deg on IAT is a surprise).

Also make sure IAT cal is not at fault (by heating the IAT and looking at readings). If the temp changes then its the cal which needs sorting.

Some ECU firmware does not give any readings when the TPS is wired backwards. Check this by holding full throttle and zeroing TPS cal then release throttle to see if reading changes.

If none of that works then its likely a wiring issue or ECU issue.

Good luck.

Having a bit of a head scratcher with the IAT

There’s a peach & purple wire coming out of the sensor & there’s only one purple wire in the whole ECU but currently it’s in the Vehicle Speed Signal pin (Ph1)/Brake light pin (ME221)

So I’m going to put this purple in one of the IAT pins with the peach but that leaves a white wire doing nothing (that I thought was IAT initially)

Is there any way I can find out what this white wire is & where it’s supposed to go?
91C8F447-3F5B-461D-900F-EE2C87C68D1C.jpeg

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Give me your WhatsApp and I’ll send you a wiring diagram and ECU pin outs if it helps?

Scratch that, I only have the 182 diagram.. but I do have the Gen90 pin out chart if you wanted to cross reference any pins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
so I’ve swapped a few pins and put a different TPS in and we’re getting a sane IAT reading. But the TPS is going between 95 (off) to 97 (on). Which is a step in the right direction but it’s not right - any ideas?
2C351CD9-1F15-4333-89F5-42E7E75BC84B.jpeg