ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any1 got a Vibe Sub

VRS

lookin at the vibe subs that come with a built in amp in the sub box, are they any good and are they vaue for money! thinkin of gettin 1 cos rekon they wont take up too much space in me boot!

VW ....

Got one ...... excellent for the money .... i have the CBR10 Active

RRP £199 .... got mines for £130 delivered :D

PM me if u wanna know where from

Ive got the cbr10 active too....from ebay, £113 with vibe rca cable and vibe amp kit :D all delivered within 2 days.

That lil sub KICKS LIKE A M***** F***** and thats not even at full power, more like 1/3....wonder what would happen if i cranked it up even higher!? I dont dare :sick:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Turn it up!!!! Ive got one and had it over 2 years now without a problem and all the time I worked at Halfords never had one returned but AJRMotorsports has recently broken. I still reckon its the best active sub on the market, especially for the cash.

BMW 120i Sport

Vibe? Good?

Hell yeah!! Im stunned by how deep and how loud the 12" active is (its what i have), why anyone needs more than it is beyond me. Either the 10" or the 12" sound very nicely balanced when used with a good set of components up the front.

Id go as far to say that you wont ever use the capacity that the 12" can supply, so the 10" unit will be spot on. Ive heard EvilJohns and its a brilliant piece of kit.

[Edited by Big G on 24 July 2005 at 1:28am]

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I have a 10" vibe box with a seperate Kicker amp, and its excellent quality.

ive got a vibe AC10 (10" in a bandpass box) with a seperate Alpine class D amp, about £260 in total, highly recommend, just need to balance it up with some decent front door speakers, What size are they and can anyone recommend a kick ass set, ideally i just want to run them off my pioneer head unit.

Megane R26

Had around 4 Vibe subs now: CBR10, AC10, CBR12, now got a Space 12 sitting in my room ready to go in. Id say for Performance/Price they are up there.

182Dave, Standard fronts are 13cm (5.25") components. I got a set of Rainbow SLX230 Deluxe off ebay. Normally cost £130 new. They are amazing speakers. Only runing them off the HU, but soon to link them off the amps.

yeah i got the active 12, its punches like a b**ch, Put it on half, then the window wipers and mirrors shake like a b**ch. I rate it

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by 13usta on 23 July 2005
Ive got the cbr10 active too....from ebay, £113 with vibe rca cable and vibe amp kit :D all delivered within 2 days.That lil sub KICKS LIKE A M***** F***** and thats not even at full power, more like 1/3....wonder what would happen if i cranked it up even higher!? I dont dare :sick:

how did you set it up then??? the gain on the amp is not a volume control

i was on about the volume from the HU,

its got seperate sub output volume, and on the amp i set at about 1/2 way.

I dont know if thats what u wanted to know?

Polo + Micra

well you said its only on 1/3 volume but that doesnt mean you aint getting full power out of the amp.

the gain on the amp is for matching your rca voltage

im only saying this because i wouldnt want you to turn it up and send the amp into clipping and kill your sub
[Edited by Dink on 7/24/2005 1:53:06 PM]

great ratings then, im stuck on which one to get the cbr 10 or 12. who reconmends which. Also does anyone know the size of the seakers at the back of standard clio. cheers Bon

VW ....

Quote: Originally posted by cliobon on 27 July 2005

great ratings then, im stuck on which one to get the cbr 10 or 12. who reconmends which. Also does anyone know the size of the seakers at the back of standard clio. cheers Bon

I would say the 10" is more than enough mate

Oh & speaker size is 13cm - 5"