ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody here into non-realtime graphics rendering?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I forgot I posted a 'new' video up (a couple of months back now) showing bokeh effects. The camera aperture shape can be specified in code or encoded in a texture; the aperture shape determining the shape of the resulting bokeh phenomena.

I also generated a couple or so more images recently.

41893238542_0b38fdc205_o.jpg
GPU PT Test Render
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

41893237762_0c99bf0e41_o.jpg
GPU PT Test Render
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

This last one uses illumination texture maps for the lighting - i.e. there are no lights in the scene as such. All light sources are taken directly from the texture maps.

44206212501_746661c3df_o.jpg
Test Render
by Andy Eder, on Flickr

I am now desperate to get my hands on the new nVidia RTX GPUs to see what they can do, especially the Tensor Cores and RT processing.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It's been quite some time since I last updated this thread. I've actually picked up the project again fairly recently and started to re-work and refactor it (mainly due to personal and professional reasons and the fact that computer graphics are just way too cool). I'm not sure the thread title actually rings true though as the path tracer is running in real-time, although performance can vary significantly depending on scene complexity and loads. Perhaps I should move over to the Realtime Graphics / Game Engines thread...