ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else dislike their 1*2?

RS 182 CUP
Name a car that handles better than a prpoerly set up Clio, good tyres brakes suspension, a good car isn't about going fast in a straight line, my 182 is a giant killer

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I like mine for the most part so far... there are some niggles, but I'll just have to sort them. The pluses outweigh the minuses so far.

BG182®
I still enjoy it. There's times when it can drive me bonkers but overall I still love it.

30k miles in two years and it still puts a smile on my face.

Stagecoach Ticket
Ermm if i had to take a 172 to work, shopping, family runs anything like that then i think i would hate it big time

its fine as a quick toy tht i can chuck around and its a nice small size for detailing and parking on the rents multicar driveway

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Name a car that handles better than a prpoerly set up Clio, good tyres brakes suspension, a good car isn't about going fast in a straight line, my 182 is a giant killer

I've driven a 20 year old BMW 318 that handles better than a clio.

E36 M3 Evo, Clio 172
join the club i do it all the time the longest ive ever had a car was 6 months ive had 17 cars and im not even 20 yet lol

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
dont dislike mine, but the build quality isnt the most amazing feature, but its nudging 7 years old and 90k miles, and the list of things that have went 'wrong' is actually fairly minor.

Overall it has the ability to bring a smile to your face, so cant argue with that. Some times i wish the suspension (my choice) wasnt as hard for town driving and it can be a pain in heavy traffic, but there we go.

clio 182 black /gold
I have had my 182 for 5 1/2 years now. I still like the look of it and the way it drives. The only thing i dont like is the rattles, then i see a diamond on the car and realise its normal lol.

Clio 172 Cup
I go through phases where I love my clio then I'm not so keen on it!! Costs me a fortune on fuel as I only do short journeys around the town I live in. I currently have mine up for sale at the moment as I'm disliking it just now! Think I'm needing something more economical!
When I give it a good clean this weekend I will prob love it again! Thats the problem with the Black/Gold, if it's not clean it doesn't look anywhere near as good!:dapprove:

Looking for 182
I dislike that in 6 months of ownership there has been, at most, 2 weeks where it has been running properly.

First it was the PAS pump
Then the engine dropped a valve, requiring a new engine, clutch, belt kits, etc.
Then the dephasher pulley went
Now I've had a knocking/rattle on acceleration for the past 2 months

Hopefully this is all getting sorted (or at least diagnosed) on Monday when I get it serviced at JMS.

On the other hand, and despite all of this, I still love it. I love the looks, I love the power (I came from 7 years behind the wheel of a 1.4 Corsa), the handling, I just love it, which is why I have washed it once a week since I have owned it, with the exception of a few weekends when I've been busy.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
If you take the 16v Clio or the williams, the only thing on the interior to go wrong was the seat bolster, and that was mainly down to how deep the seats were. (Best seats EVER!).

Thats one reason I miss my old shed of a Mk1. You dropped into those Phs2 velour seats and it was sooooo comfy

328, MK1 Clio 1.4

I hope you don't think it handles better than any other car. It's good, not great.

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
There are many cars that handle better but not many as good all round for the money. I love the look and sound of my Ph1 and im happy with how it goes and handles.

The build quality is relatively poor but so far its nothing more than rattles, nothing has actually gone wrong. Theres a 197 parked at my flats every night and i always look at it and think maybe i should upgrade but for that money there is better to be had.

Trophy #490
I never got to the stage that I disliked my Trophy when I had it, even after three years of ownership. Such a great car, every single time I drove it it never failed to put a smile on my face. Great looking car, more than enough straight line pace to keep me happy as it felt like a very strong one, good seats and the handling was perfect. Even in the wet it was great to drive. Absolutely loved everything about it, was a mint example too.
People moan on about the driving position and the steering wheel but I liked both! It was very reliable too considering the abuse it got on good roads. Fantastic car, I'd have another in an instant I enjoyed it that much. For the money, there's not much that comes close in my opinion.

clio 172/Fabia vRS
I Sold my clio 172 last week. Replaced it with a car that's better built, more comfortable, better on fuel and a lot quieter.
Took the clio for one last blast before it went though, and totally fell in love with it again. Like someone said before, with suspension and brakes sorted, it's just massive amounts of fun. Day to day the niggles and rattles annoyed me, but i will remember the car as quick, fun and something that puts a smile on your face.

182 Trophy
I used to hate my 172 for brief moments. But since selling it about a month ago and now driving a 20 year old nissan micra 1.2 really makes me appreciate how cool the 172 was. Had some seriously good fun in that car.

The micra.....I have to kick the door to be able to lock it. Less than cool in the petrol station whilst in view of the fit girl behind the till :eek: