ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know the history of black Clio 172 reg KP52 DXV

Clio 16v, Uno Turbo, VRS
Hi all,

just looking for a 172 for my girlfriend and have come accross a Black clio 172 reg KP52 DXV.

Its for sale at a small car dealer in the centre of Matlock, Derbyshire. Its displaying a cliosport.net sticker on the front windscreen.

Now, the clio didnt have a price on it and when i enquired about it he said he wasnt happy selling it on his forcourt as he wasnt "happy with it" and was going to whack it through the auction. After probing him for 5 mins of so i found out from him that he thought it had hit a kurb and done a bit of damage. Now, im not one whose affraid of a bit of work so i still showed interest and had a look around it.

The car itself looks straight, no body damage, no sidns of accident damage but i could see exactly what he was on about. looks like its slid into a kurb on the d/s front wheel at some point, but it only looks like its damaged the wishbone slightly, i couldnt see any other damage.

The mileage is on 57k miles which looks legit as the interior wear and tear is minimal.

Anyone shed any more light on the car? what happened? history?

cheers

Dunc

Lots of Alfas
Has it got a service history and proof of cambelt change?? Wishbones arent expensive, could be a bargain depending on the above.

Clio 16v, Uno Turbo, VRS
ive not yet seen the service book as i wasnt car shopping at the time, i just happen to walk past on my way to Wilkos for a few bits for work.

should i steer clear if its lacking service history and history of a cambelt change?

anyone shed any light on the actual car? did a search on the forum using the number plate to see if any threads come up and i only found one with the begining bit of the plate in the spotted section, looks like the same car from bolton?

Dunc

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
If its cheap, could be worth a punt. Pair of wishbones £100 odd, new belts £500 odd and a service and you've probably got a nice low mileage 172 for not alot.

Peugeot 308
Tbh, my ph1 has done 75k and although it has a stack of random service history...it doesnt have anything specific (Cambelt etc)

Use it as a bargaining tool ;)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
*SPEC*

Vehicle information
Selected vehicle:
Clio II 3dr | 3 RSP20 I5 | CB1N | Pearlescent black bodywork paint
Selected RENAULT vehicle :
Registration number
KP52DXV
Vehicle identification number (VIN)
VF1CB1N0F27539286
CB1N
Date of manufacture
09 2002
Additional information :
Vehicle fabrication number K032997
Equipment level ES4
Additional to equipment level SAN913
Additional to Limited Edition SAN513

Paint code NV676
Seat trim TICUI3
Interior trim HARM03

Special technical features code. \5/
Engine type F4R
Engine type and suffix F4R736

Engine fabrication number C014967

Gearbox type JC5
Gearbox type and suffix JC5130

Gearbox fabrication number C003324

Type of transmission /
Number of gears 5

Air conditioning type. Regulated air conditioning Anti-lock braking system /
Fog lamps PROJAB Power-assisted steering /
Rear bench seat FBANAR Reinforced suspension shock absorber No
Special protection SSPSCS Speedometer display MILES
Tinted glass VF Type of climate Temperate climate
Version 3 RSP20 I5

Clio 16v, Uno Turbo, VRS
cheers for the replys so far

here's a piccy of it

clio172.jpg

as much info as poss! if anyone knows the previous owner, that would be awesome!

Dunc

RS Clio 172 Cup
Just one thing to check...The sub frame as it could possibly be bent or twisted. I kerbed mine last month and even thought the wishbone, etc looked fine, the sub frame was bent where the wishbone joins it. Double check that as its quite an expensive job.