ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone start a 365 today?

Mk2 Golf gti
Week 15

1152-1.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Nice shots guys, both cool. :) Edit: Ooohh and Adele as well!

Yep common Ian sort it out! ;)

Lol, I'm on it! It's a work in progress, but I'm seriously worried that I'm not going to do it justice. :dapprove: It's a bit unusual and it's going to take a while, but hopefully get it done fairly soon. Be prepared for a fail!

Ian

Focus TDCi
I don't really know if I should post this up, or not, but it was made with the best intentions. I wish I'd had time to have a few goes at it, but this is the first time I've ever had a go. I was going to add more to the end of it, but my memory card was full and by the time I got out there the light had changed too much. It's a bit choppy in parts, caused mainly by the most annoying gusts of wind.. was getting so wound up!

You have to be listed as one of my friends on Flickr to view this, so contact me if you're not and I'll add you.

15/52
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianflaherty/3445277361/

Ian

Focus TDCi
Cheers Luke, took me about 6 hours. :eek: Windows Movie Maker has to be up there as one of the worst pieces of software ever to exist.. is useless!

Would've liked the clip to have lasted longer and for it to run smoother, but it would have required about 6 times as many photos and I already used up half a gig of space just on 97 jpegs.

Why can't you make videos anymore?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers Luke, took me about 6 hours. :eek: Windows Movie Maker has to be up there as one of the worst pieces of software ever to exist.. is useless!

Would've liked the clip to have lasted longer and for it to run smoother, but it would have required about 6 times as many photos and I already used up half a gig of space just on 97 jpegs.

Why can't you make videos anymore?

Lol, movie maker is a good starting point, but it doesn't allow your imagination to run far. If you lived closer I'd lend you a copy of Premiere Pro I have, it's not far off Avid in terms of what's achievable with it. Best thing about it is that it works directly with any other Adobe programme, meaning layers of photoshop can be merged in, perfect for titles etc.

I don't make them anymore because I decided against uni in favour of getting a job, a triple distinction in moving image in college and now I'm in car insurance...probably not the best decision I've ever made lol.

I don't really know if I should post this up, or not, but it was made with the best intentions. I wish I'd had time to have a few goes at it, but this is the first time I've ever had a go. I was going to add more to the end of it, but my memory card was full and by the time I got out there the light had changed too much. It's a bit choppy in parts, caused mainly by the most annoying gusts of wind.. was getting so wound up!

You have to be listed as one of my friends on Flickr to view this, so contact me if you're not and I'll add you.

15/52
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianflaherty/3445277361/

Superb. Got to me too :dapprove:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol, movie maker is a good starting point, but it doesn't allow your imagination to run far. If you lived closer I'd lend you a copy of Premiere Pro I have, it's not far off Avid in terms of what's achievable with it. Best thing about it is that it works directly with any other Adobe programme, meaning layers of photoshop can be merged in, perfect for titles etc.

I don't make them anymore because I decided against uni in favour of getting a job, a triple distinction in moving image in college and now I'm in car insurance...probably not the best decision I've ever made lol.

Yeah it's very limited from what I can tell. Thanks for the Premier Pro offer, just a shame we're not closer. Hopefully be able to find a copy somewhere else. Probably a good thing at the moment, as it would only be a distraction.

Tbh, I wish I hadn't chosen to go to uni as well, not really enjoyed it! Moving image to insurance does sound like quite a change though! Any chance of cheap insurance? ;) ..only messing.

Superb. Got to me too :dapprove:

Thinking of redoing it when I have more time and more memory cards, but just wanted to do something for him.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yeah it's very limited from what I can tell. Thanks for the Premier Pro offer, just a shame we're not closer. Hopefully be able to find a copy somewhere else. Probably a good thing at the moment, as it would only be a distraction.

Tbh, I wish I hadn't chosen to go to uni as well, not really enjoyed it! Moving image to insurance does sound like quite a change though! Any chance of cheap insurance? ;) ..only messing.

I'm up in Preston this weekend actually if you did want it? Bit closer lol!

I'll stop spamming the thread now, keep up pics people:)

lol, its not been cleaned in 10months.

I only cleaned that corner :eek:

Soph, probably not as I'd get some strange looks trying to take 'arty' pics of someone elses car! hhaha

Fletcher, as first glance I thought that top photo of yours was a field of corn or something, blowing in the wind...! Lol! I assume it's some kind of animal or a rug...?

Here's my week 16....

3452898997_a3422dc7a8_b.jpg

Arctic Blue FF 182
Fletcher, as first glance I thought that top photo of yours was a field of corn or something, blowing in the wind...! Lol! I assume it's some kind of animal or a rug...?

Here's my week 16....

3452898997_a3422dc7a8_b.jpg

Great picture! How do you do the effect of some grayscale and some colour? Im guessing its using layers in phtoshop somehow

Cheers

James

Titanium 182
You Section off the buildings you want to keep the colour of using the lasso tool (thats what I use)
Then you just alter the contrast for the rest of the picture (Tick inverted)

Great picture! How do you do the effect of some grayscale and some colour? Im guessing its using layers in phtoshop somehow

Cheers

James

Thanks James.

Yep I use photoshop (Elements 5). My preferred method is to duplicate the background layer and then desaturate / convert to black & white, then using a layer mask paint the various aspects of the picture which you want to retain in colour. Using this technique allows lots of fine tuning as you can use the vast array of brushes to paint the layer mask, so in my recent photo on parts of the red house I had to zoom in and paint very small elements of the house so as not to turn the trees back to green (I'm a bit anal like this!). If you get it wrong, or mask an area you do not want to mask then you interchange between the black and white colours on the palette to un-mask - so you can play until your heart is content....well almost content ;) the perfectionist in me is never happy.

Nice shot, Paul. You're a fan of selective colour arent you! ;)

Gaz, PAH!!! Lack of effort FTL. Try doing 1 everyday! lol..

Todays..

3476008215_37bd030481.jpg

I know Dan, just after a very slow and tedious week at Loughborough which has followed a tedious month at work, I've had no motivation for anything.

Really like that shot, would look good for a tourist board catalogue or something.