ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone store their Clio and drive something else?

I am wondering if anyone in here store their Clio and use other car.
I am thinking of doing it cos I need a family car but love my Clio.

clio 182 black /gold
I store mine at the side of the road. Or some times when im visiting i store it on there drive.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I store my clio on the drive and take the dci especailly in this weather. Only reason though is the Clio doesn't always start in cold weather anymore.lol

106 GTi
Im sure rich stores his over the bad weather.But he is a clean geek

He stores his car during the summer let alone winter. lol

Indeed! I Can't remember the last time it came out the garage - I am seriously having thoughts of getting shot of it...

Main reason I have a daily drive is no where safe to park at work, the 306 has marks in it where the people round here have reversed into it :(

M2 Competition

Indeed! I Can't remember the last time it came out the garage - I am seriously having thoughts of getting shot of it...

Main reason I have a daily drive is no where safe to park at work, the 306 has marks in it where the people round here have reversed into it :(

Pointless having it if you dont use it/ drive it though.

Why not just worry less about its condition?

Maz

LY 200

I can totally understand that as im sick of paying to have parking dings removed from mine, dont know why I bother tbh :rolleyes: another one added to the collection the other day !!

106 GTi

Pointless having it if you dont use it/ drive it though.

Why not just worry less about its condition?

Exactly my thoughts, don't find time to use it so am struggling to justify why I do have it.

Easier said then done on the later, clearly I have OCD in that respect.

I can totally understand that as im sick of paying to have parking dings removed from mine, dont know why I bother tbh :rolleyes: another one added to the collection the other day !!

Someone understands me at last ! lol

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
touch wood ive not had one for a long time! but then agian i dont park near anyone! :approve:

M2 Competition
Does seem like ocd mate.

Touch wood but use mine every day, and over the summer on track, and doesnt have a single parking ding/ scratch.

Maz just cant park :rasp:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Touch wood but use mine every day, and over the summer on track, doesnt have a single parking ding/ scratch.

My old 172, had it for 18 months, my Golf i had for 6 months and my BMW before that, none of them got hit/car park ding'd and my mrs parks it at the mall nearly every day of the week.
Just luck i guess.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I took the Vee out last night, cos I had to. It was -2c and judging by the thick frost on *everything* had been for sometime. I feel the sensible thing would be to lay it up in this weather - but where's the fun in that ;)

Dan

visualize whirled pe
There's nothing wrong with that question imo.

I want to get another 70's classic ford, but store my clio so if anything happens I have a decent reliable car as back up.

I've spent a decent amount of cash doing work / servicing the clio, it's worth more to me really than it's value, I'd prefer to store it as for what it's worth I'd be hard pressed to find a car half as good.

106 GTi
I spent my student days working at a supermarket and watching my 309 GTi get battered - think that was the turning point for me running something I was not overly precious with day to day.

www.renparts.co.uk
Rich don't get rid of your car. Im sure its the Mintest 182 in the UK. If you just kept it in the near factory condition its in now for another 10 years it would be awsome. Plus its the worst time to sell lol, 10 more years it will start appreciating.

172 Race Car
In 10 years time when a motoring program are doing a comparison to the latest hot hatch your car will be on tv, in all its original glory

Keep it till it becomes old skool

106 GTi
Not got the clip here, some Pics before the stig drove it on TG lol!

205-backing-out.jpg

Rich-meets-stig.jpg

Was also on the driven by Clarkson on his Car Years Series and in EVO magazine in 1999 before I owned it.

clarkson.jpg

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Watch Clarkson doesnt squash the side of the seat with him being so ape like ;)

i love the 205 if i was 10 years older i know i would have had one :approve:

pmsl.....sorry but storing a Clio made me laugh! (unless it's a Vee)

Me too.

As much as I love my Clio can't really see how you could justify storing it as a second car. Its not exactly impractical or expensive to run so worth saving just for the weekend etc.