ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used Renault for servicing their 182's?

182 Cup, DC2, E500
So my 'MATE' was supposed to do my service today but BLAGGED me. I had bought oil, filter, air/fuel/pollen, gearbox oil, thermostat and coolant plus header tank. Oh and plugs.

I HATE timewasters. Basically I think he would rather the ramp doing simpler things, so sod you - I must have spent 8K servicing cars with him over the years.

I got home pissed off and thought sod it, may aswell get my spanners out.

So after work I skipped gym and started doing some bits myself.

1 - Removed inlet manifold (what a FAFF), cleaned up years of spilled oil on cam-cover, removed plugs (incidentally changed only 9K ago by Renault, err NO they didn't) and fitted plugs at 25Nm.
2 - Replaced air filter, pollen filter

I could not be bothered dragging the jack out so figured I may aswell call my friendly Renault dealer who have been giving me some discounts on parts for a service quote.

Anyone used them for servicing? I told my new mate parts Manager that I only really need an oil and filter change with Elf SXR. He said thats fine, it will come with a 25 point health check aswell.

I am awaiting the price in the morning, but I figure this is a fast buck turnaround for them so can't be more than £100?

I don't mind paying at all, but wondering if I should just book a service? Mind you, a major £1250 service was completed by Renault only 9K ago so technically the car only needs an oil and filter (plus I've just done all the bits above today, and will do the thermostat, seal and header tank plus coolant this weekend).

What are they like for pricing? Do you trust them?

Incidentally he knows I work for Ford literally on the next road so I guess would be wise to me scrutineering their handy work....

Oh, and I would only use SXR 5W40 but I keep hearing of some cheap Renault 5W40 Motrio oil? It is significantly cheaper aswell....

Advice appreciated!

Rez

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Might be worth asking Scrooge if he can help you out at the unit thing of his?

I wouldn't waste my money getting renault to change the oil on a 10 year old car.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Just read this!
I've just booked it in with Toomeys for an oil and filter change with their 25 point health check.
I had the oil anyhow so it was only £83 or something.
While I wait next Wednesday...