ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with 7x16 alloys on mk1 clio

I need to know if I am letting myself in for trouble.

7x16" Renault fitment will be with 195/45/16 tyres

At the mo I am running 15s with 195/45 tyres, dropped 55mm at front and about 75mm at back and its okay.

I will probably need to raise the height a bit if I move up to 16s, but I am more worried about the 7" width.

What do you think?

Ive got 16x7" rims on an RSi (96) with standard suspension and I get a slight scrubbing when on full lock. So, if your car is lowered by as much as 55mm at the front and 75mm at the back then your going to experience major problems! I would opt for a narrower diameter wheel mate, eg, 6-6.5".

Hope this helps

cheers mate, I was going to raise the ride hight a little anyway.

Do you know what offset your wheels are?

i have the offset u put above on mine mate, it is lowered 45mm on the back and the arches have been trimmed to 3mm thin, and it still rubs like fuk.

Tatee

172 M69 eater

iv got them too on a 1.2 and it rubs like a b*stard at the mo and my mate at bristol st is gonna have a go at makin em better for me but u wanna look at somethin narrower!!

iv got 195/45/16s on mine lowerd 55 at the front 80-90 rear! no rubbing at the back cos inner archs are both removed and back bumper mount was filed back a wee bit

front only rubs on full lock

heres a pic !
URL]

You have got to have a lowered car on 16s/17s or it will look like a pick up truck.

Get the arches grinded back, stick the biggest wheels u can on there then slam it to the floor!!!!

Tatee

Pick up truck! What you on about?!?! People ask me if my car has been lowered all the time so it cant look that high!

cmon dudes I need to know what offset to go for?

I am running et38 at the moment (6"x15") and there is at least an inch worth of room between the inside of the wheels and the inner arch (not the outer edge of the wheel and arch)

so if I go to an extra inch in width, (7"x16") should I go even higher offset to keep them pulled in, maybe et40?

opinions?