ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone work for Vodafone, advice please....

Maybe a 172 Cup..
So, upgraded at start of June to original HTC Desire, over the telephone with Vodafone. Within a couple of days, phone began freezing, or screen would just go black. Only way this would rectify was to remove battery.
Phoned Vodafone who were spot on tbh, sent me another one out, and swapped, all good. Now after about 3 weeks, new phone is doing exact same thing!!!!

Went into shop, and was told because I'd upgraded over phone, all shop could do was log a repair and send phone off, not replace it with one from their stock. Also said that they were only obliged to replace with a new handset for seven days.

Surely there must be an issue with this batch of Desire's they're sending out, as after looking on net this is quite a common issue with original desire. My contract is and has been with Vodafone for 6 years, so why does it matter if I upgraded over phone or in shop? Am reluctant to get or try to get another replacement over phone as chances are will be from same batch, and surely any repair will be covered by them??

Any advice on best course of action from a company insider???

Cheers keV..;)

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Cheers for reply Cookie. Understan that if that's policy, but am obviously sceptical about been sent another of same model after 2 failed on me. Might have to look at a different handset me thinks...

Hi ABOO,

I am really sorry to hear that you are having some problems with your phone.

So that I can help you with this, drop me an email here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject.

That way, I can take a look your account and see what I can do to get this resolved for you.

Kind regards,

Heidi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK