ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 0% financing....

SQ5
If they're both saying will not incur charges then I'd say you won't have any charges if you pay early.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Hello!!!

ScreenShot2013-12-12at222004_zps03975512.gif

Hi all,

I am new here and upon googling this is the only up to date thread/website I have come across that is discussing the current Apple 0% Finance offer at present.

Anyway . . I have recently placed an order for an iPhone 5s . . .my 4s is starting to go weird on me! Anyway having had discussions with 3 apple representatives, the majority said to me should I wish to repay full amount BEFORE the end of the 10 months 0% interest free period, I will NOT incur any penalties for early payment. However one wasn't sure and advised that I call Barclays Finance. I called Barclays and the guy on the phone informed me that I will NOT incur any penalties as it's 0% interest. But I just want to double check with you guys that this is right, otherwise I will cancel my order.

Sorry to butt into your discussion(s).

:):)

Pics?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mid spec 13" retina should be ordered today... excited. I wanted to upgrade the RAM but it's £138 just for that, that's half way towards going top spec FFS.

I don't need a 15" either.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't need a 15 but doesn't stop me wanting one! :eek:

Alan made a great point about the weight and size of the 13 being ideal.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ok so the missus has offered me one for Xmas (well the first few months anyway) but I literally have no idea on the spec as this will be my first macbook..

Only going to get a 13" is it worth me getting an upgraded one or just the middle of the road one..

The most challenging things it will be doing is editing some gopro footage of racing next year..

Any help cheers :)

Ok so the missus has offered me one for Xmas (well the first few months anyway) but I literally have no idea on the spec as this will be my first macbook..

Only going to get a 13" is it worth me getting an upgraded one or just the middle of the road one..

The most challenging things it will be doing is editing some gopro footage of racing next year..

Any help cheers :)

Go for the middle spec retina one, but pay the extra £80 for the better i5 that boosts to 3.1ghz

macbookpro-13-retina-select-2013
step1-mac-new-badge-2013
[h=3]13-inch: 2.4GHz
with Retina display[/h][h=4]Specifications[/h]
  • 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
  • Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
  • 8GB 1600MHz memory
  • 256GB PCIe-based flash storage[SUP]1[/SUP]
  • Intel Iris Graphics
  • Built-in battery (9 hours)[SUP]2[/SUP]

• Dispatched:
    3-5 business days
  • Free Delivery
  • £1,249.00

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Worth the memory upgrade as well or not really?

Also noticed the educaction link still works, can anyone just click through from that or will it ask for proof at some point?

BMW E46 330i Touring
From what you say you intend to use it for, base spec will be fine for a couple years. The advice will always be to up-spec as much as you can afford as it'll make it more futureproof and increase it's resale value.

DB.

BMW 440i
Nah. I did it when I was a valid student, never got questioned. Few of my mates have used it and never been questioned either.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking to get my girlfriend a new laptop and she fancies a Mac Book.

She basically uses it for Photoshop and uses CS6. She does quiet abit of photography so would use it for editing.

She wants a machine that will get the most out this for her.

Just wondered it anyone could suggest as i dont have a clue about apple computers.

Looking to get my girlfriend a new laptop and she fancies a Mac Book.

She basically uses it for Photoshop and uses CS6. She does quiet abit of photography so would use it for editing.

She wants a machine that will get the most out this for her.

Just wondered it anyone could suggest as i dont have a clue about apple computers.

Get one with the most amount of ram you can afford if you're using it for that.

Just asked Revels about exactly the same question, Bonxy He suggested the base spec would be fine but due to RAM no longer being self upgrade...able, to go for the highest in that.

This is the spec I would go for, wouldn't bother paying for extra ram, you don't need it!

Go for the middle spec retina one, but pay the extra £80 for the better i5 that boosts to 3.1ghz

macbookpro-13-retina-select-2013
step1-mac-new-badge-2013
13-inch: 2.4GHz
with Retina display

Specifications

• 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
  • Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
  • 8GB 1600MHz memory
  • 256GB PCIe-based flash storage[SUP]1[/SUP]
  • Intel Iris Graphics
  • Built-in battery (9 hours)[SUP]2[/SUP]

• Dispatched:
    3-5 business days
  • Free Delivery
  • £1,249.00

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I went top spec 13" un-customised retina pro. The extra RAM was too much for me as I 99% won't need it.

Oh and top spec "can" be had for a very reasonable £1288

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Because 16GB with CS6 on OS X improves performance by quite a large margin vs 8GB.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
JD 100% no.

If you're balling, sure, but it's totally not necessary, the point is that it can't be upgraded any more, so it's best to go with the highest amount you can afford. I went for 8gb, as the price of the ram pissed me off. If it was £50 I'd have done it, there was no way I was paying apple prices.

My new MBP with SSD is amazingly fast, more the capable of photo editing, I'd probably even run video editing software with no quarms for years, unless I was using 1000 GB of industry quality footage.