ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV

I know I'm late to the party, but how brilliant is AirPlay?

so simple too.

I'm not really taking advantage of it to it's fullest potential yet as my iTunes library still isn't connected, and haven't jailbroken it yet. But I'm loving it - such a slick little box - I totally love the lack of hd too. I have something stupid like 100+gigs worth of Podcasts alone on my iTunes library, so the fact that on here new Podcasts are just highlighted when they're available for you to just stream there and then without the need for downloading is supergreat.

Revels Mum & Sister
Bought one a week ago! Awesome piece of kit (Once Jailbroken!!!!)

Since showing my Dad and 2 friends they have all bought one and I have JB them as well.

Just need to sort my NAS out to stream Media to XBMC.

6/468 17poo
Whats the benefits of Jailbreaking? Ive had one for months and its just connected to my amp to stream music from 4S or Macbook

Revels Mum & Sister
Jailbreaking allows you to Install Plex and/or XBMC. Withing XBMC you can then run a load of plugins such as Icefilms, Catchup TV, Sports Devil and more.

RIP Dan
Am going to attempt to JB mine today.

Plex or XBMC?

I am a noob so will have many questions about how to JB. Need bloody micro usb lead now, going to buy one after.

RIP Dan
Just JB and installed XBMC.

So how do I get it to play films which are on my iMac or my Mrs macbook?

Do I need to install something on the iMac and MBP?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nope, just share the folder the films are in and point XBMC to that.

RIP Dan
The JB and XBMC are easy to do, I am a sausage fingered goon so if I can do it you can.

How the hell do I even find my iMac via XBMC Tom? Which menu etc??

RIP Dan
Oh god this is annoying, putting my IP addy under SMB in XBMC and shared folder name, it can't see it.

Anything I need to do on my iMac?

Help!

BG 182
Bully I am very interested in how you get on. I have an error appear I think it's some kind of 'Smb error' I can't remember but I cannot find a fix for it online anywhere.

Lol. You've done the 'hard' part.

www.plex.com

Download that. Install. Open the media manager and point it at your media. It will need to be well named. So 'Big and Busty (2011)' etc.

Then on your ATV, install Plex. Tell it that it wants 'Bully The Island Dweller's iMac' and you're done.

RIP Dan
Lol. You've done the 'hard' part.

www.plex.com

Download that. Install. Open the media manager and point it at your media. It will need to be well named. So 'Big and Busty (2011)' etc.

Then on your ATV, install Plex. Tell it that it wants 'Bully The Island Dweller's iMac' and you're done.

OK d/l plex for mac now.

How do and what do I install on my ATV? On the plex site it says plex for mac (d/l now) then it says plex for mobile devices, iPads etc??

RIP Dan
Got plex working and streaming films now.

How I get iPlayer, 4OD etc is another matter for tomorrow.

Cheers all, any other pointers would be great.

I did it manually Dan but thanks anyway, weird why it wouldn't load....