ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic Blue vs Black Gold

I did do a search for past threads, problem is that most of the photos have been lost so I can't actually see them.

Anybody got a photo of a Black 182 next to an Arctic Blue 182? If they were both full fats on Black/Anthracite Turinis that would be perfect! Trying to decide which colour to go for

Also, anybody got a photo of a fairly dirty Black Gold with Turinis?

Having never owned a black car before I'm wondering how they look when a bit dirty, I know they look fantastic when clean!

Many Thanks

James

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
0814168D-A8F3-4135-B885-C6C830145438_zps2qlp5imc.jpg

Mine and my brothers, not on Turinis though I'm afraid!
My brothers black gold looks really nice when clean but doesn't stay that way long.

Thanks All!

Problem is I live out in the countryside, the close road with white markings is 7 miles away....so keeping it clean is probably going to be a major pain! Also I'm thinking if you did catch a hedge (which unfortunately you have to sometimes) Black will show the scratches a lot worse?

In the Winter when it's wet you get the mud, and in the Summer you get all the dust...

Does Arctic Blue stay clean more easily, or doesn't looks as bad dirty?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
But a silver one and have it sprayed metallic grey.

My girlfriend never washes her car and it always looks clean.

This saddens me.

But, I'd go for an arctic blue one, just because black looks as dull as you'd expect when dirty.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Racing blue ;-) never seems to look that dirty

Blacks a nightmare, had BG myself, looks awesome when clean though.

Id go arctic out of the two

106 gti
Arctic blue for me too, not biased at all ;)...
Black gold is nice when polished up etc but they show up all the swirls chips etc and as above need to be cleaned regularly

RB Clio 182
I was torn between bg and ab, I ended up with the one I found in the best condition, I love my ab it looks really nice in the sun when its clean, it doesn't look too dirty when it is dirty either.

I do love bg tho and if i were to choose again I think id go with bg, although im not 100%, imo ab is underrated, but its common so it looks kind of 'normal'.

Thanks all!

Decision made....Arctic Blue it is!

If I lived in town it would of been Black, as keeping on top the cleaning would of been fine, but I don't fancy cleaning my car only to find by the time I've gotten into town that it's filthy!

Well I think I've decided with Arctic Blue, although after having looked at Inferno Oranges online with Turinis....I'm not so sure now haha