ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are Magnet any good

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

im sick to death of my back speaker cutting out - just want to replace them with some poop but not as poop as renaullt poop!
Dont care about the peeps in the back its only for now anyway while I get some money saved for some decent comps at the front..

Aaaannnyyywhhhooooooo....

Seen some coax alpines, magnet hovering around the £30 mark - shall i just throw these in or is it worth putting a few more pennies in and getting some decent ish ones now?

Really dont care about integration with yer subz and yer 6 bih 9s as none of them are coming anywhere near my car!

spend a couple of pennies more, magnat are a average brand, but usually for the money they are one of the better manufacturers

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

and recommendations? dont like the sound of that average malarky..

dont get magnat mate unless ya looking at their higher end of the ranges. I used to work for maplins and all the budget speakers sounded poo in my opinion in all customers cars, including staff. If your on a budget look at makes such as alpine,jbl, infinity and focal. Again dont spend too much as they are only rear speakers and id aim to fade them out whereever possible and amp them directly from the hu source, as otherwise theyll be overpowering in respect to the other components of your system, hope thats of some help to you

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

oh yeh theyll be lower than the fronts - its just for the girlfriends benefit really when shes in the car and friends - thing is i tried turning the back of completely and i didnt like it the fronts felt a bit lost?

even if theyre poo in the back it just fills is slightly if that makes any sense whatsoever people!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 25 November 2004

thing is i tried turning the back of completely and i didnt like it the fronts felt a bit lost?

even if theyre poo in the back it just fills is slightly if that makes any sense whatsoever people!
you wont think the same if you had a sub in the boot and a good set of comps in the front running off an amp

i have no rear speakers at all, you dont need em, and my system doesnt sound lost at all, its well balanced, rear speakers just bugger up the sound stage and eventually get destroyed by the subs that are beneath them...

personally id spend the extra £30+ you have on your front comps budget