ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are my Pagid blue pads worn out?

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
I've been running Pagid Blue pads on the front of my Clio 172 Cup with Brembo Max discs.
Done a few trackdays at Knockhill with them.
Upon inspecting the pads last weekend, I can see the signs of what appears to be rivet heads coming through? (please see photos)
Do you think I need to replace these before doing another trackday (one coming up soon).
I really wasn't expecting to replace them so soon after having only done less than 2,000 miles albeit some of that on track.
Cheers
Pagid 1.jpeg
Pagid 2.jpeg
Pagid 3.jpeg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Pagids seem to have the "rivets" on their other compounds, I would assume its one of their methods of attaching the friction material to the backing plate, Or they are indeed wear markers.

FWIW i ran my RS29's right down to the metal pretty much

stumac

ClioSport Club Member
I had an "incident at Knockhill last time I was there. My pads looked great before I went but fell apart when I was out.....

Lol trying to load pics from photo bucket but having no luck, basically my pads looked perfect but failed dramatically.
Going forward if I have any doubts about my pads I am going to replace them.
iframe>

iframe>

btn_viewall.gif" style="border:none;" alt="smac-racing&

Last edited:
  Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Thanks for responses / opinions.
The cracks have been there from their very first use and was advised by local Motorsport company this is perfectly normal. The pads have always been warmed up and cooled down properly and have been fantastic.
I'll try and get one last track day out of them and take a spare set of used CL RC6 that I have sitting around in case.