ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arghhh!!! Nightmare!

Clio 172 cup
Well, maybe 'nightmare' is a bit dramatic but still it's not something you wanna wake up to in a morning.

Went outside to the car (172 cup) and the wing mirror had been bend back in the wrong direction. Initially I thought it was some idiot messing about, so I went to straighten it out and that's when I saw it.. two huge scratches down the front wing. BRILLIANT!

On closer inspection it looks like a push bike has ran into the mirror, lost control and scraped the handbars along the paintwork (which was pristeen btw).

Spent the majority of yesterday attacking it with a rotary and some polish and tbh the majority of it has gone however there's a patch about 3 inches long (looks like it's been keyed) that just will not come out. It's not Uber deep but you can definately get your nail in it. Am I right in thinking it's respray time or is there anything else I could do???

Please help. =(

Depends how deep is "deep". Wet sanding might get you there but I'd be taking depth readings before attempting that. Small affected area should mean a smallish bill if you take it to a body shop.

In all seriousness, I would find a scrapyard or someone selling cup parts and buy a new one. Simple small part and you will spend more on detailing and repairs than it's worth.

In all seriousness, I would find a scrapyard or someone selling cup parts and buy a new one. Simple small part and you will spend more on detailing and repairs than it's worth.

It's the wing that's scratched though not the mirror.

Never above 25mpg
Do a google search, theyre quite handy!

You'll either spend £40-£80 on getting the wing sprayed or you could just keep an eye out for a cup wing on ebay or the for sale section on here (you have to be a member) and then you can replace and hey presto.

Yes you can get annoyed about it but you dont know who it was so you cant make them pay.