ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arghhhh, kerbed my Passenger Wheel

182FF c/w Recaros
Careless I know, was waiting for a parking space and pulled over to let this other car get by today.

Bloody kerbed my Anthrasite Wheel:(

Anyone confirm my options, touch up pen lol. refurb, new wheel?

Pretty bad, 4 of the spokes have a 2-3 inch mark/indent into the wheel.

Any ideas on costs.

So p*ssed off with myself:mad: :mad:

Dom, I would have thought you could get it refurbed for around £60?

A man of your means shouldn't find that too hard to swallow ;)

182FF c/w Recaros
£60:eek:

That's as much as a speeding fine lol:rolleyes:

Is it possible to get Anthracite colouring pens:D

LY V6 with Recaros
It is so frustrating, I did a similar thing a while back, a bus pulled out the bus stop coming the opposite direction, I had no where to go, so had to move right over and scrapped my wheel :mad: It looks bloody nasty on the anthracite wheels too!

182FF c/w Recaros
Too right it looks nasty.

It's terrible:cry: :cry: :cry:

I've got a CS meet on Sunday as well.

Can't have my car looking like it is for that:eek:

PS, Deb, did you get your wheel refurbed?

Any details;)

LY V6 with Recaros
I did get it refurbed, but I work in a garage and they did it for nothing. I didn't think I would mention that in my other post as I don't suppose that's going to make you feel much better lol!

182FF c/w Recaros
No worries:approve:

1 more question:eek:

Obviously, depends how bad the wheel is (mine was as new before yesterday:evil: ) but can you tell when it's been refurbed?

If so, would you have to look very close to notice.

I'm worried that as the wheel is quite badly damaged (it's scraped the coating off and is a few mm deep) that a refurb just won't cut it.

Then i'll find out that if you buy 1 wheel the colour won't match lol, then it's be a full set of Anthracites:rolleyes:

Probably getting carreid away with myself :rolleyes:

BMW 320d SE
I smacked mine into a kerb when I understeered massively on a slippery bend. I wasn't buckled, but a lot of metal was scraped off. I called my local Chips Away guy out, as I didn't know what else to do. He came out and filled it all out again, got the paint details from Renault and made it up on the spot. It looks as good as new now. I think that was about £50.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Dom, i've got a anthracite touch up never used it.

Give it a go if you want.

There is a place in Notts that does refurbs.

182FF c/w Recaros
Hi Steve.

Not sure how good a job a touch up will do. Is it just a pen type thing for surface jobs?

It's more than a surface scratch. When you rub your hand across it, it feels a few milimetres deep:(

Can try it though. How you want to proceed?

Any idea on the name of the place in Notts as well?

Cheers
Dom

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Will get info tonight.

Touch up is brush in paint type, supposed to be used by dealers to touch up wheels;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Dom, 01159584624.

Thornix, Little Tennis Street Notts.

Ask for Rob (total wheel works) the above number is his dads enamelling company.

If you want to try the touch up, let us know.

182FF c/w Recaros
Cheers Steve.

I'll try to give them a ring tomorrow and get some details (price/time etc).

Let you know about the touch up paint.

Thanks
Dom