ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ARMA 3 Alpha

Changes to often
So then Alpha testing begins on the 5th of march, if you want to play you can buy into the alpha testing stage.

You will also get the beta for free+plus the full game when released.

Found here

buying mine pay day :D

http://www.arma3.com/buy

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Is this the game where the developers are currently in a Greek prison on spying charges?

DCi
It's on steam now - normal or deluxe versions.

Looks more interesting than sim city so I will pick it up later

DCi
How are people's systems handling this?

I can't remember my spec as I'm not at home but seems similar to arma2 - fine in troop battles but I struggle flying a chopper quick across the map?

I'm thinking of a new gfx card anyway so suggestions welcome...

Changes to often
How are people's systems handling this?

I can't remember my spec as I'm not at home but seems similar to arma2 - fine in troop battles but I struggle flying a chopper quick across the map?

I'm thinking of a new gfx card anyway so suggestions welcome...

considering its still an alpha and there is yet no hardware support yet performance is not to bad

i run a sapphire 7970 3gb, does realy well in ultra at somepoints but also can drop right down to less than 15 fps at some points, but im not worryed, its a alpha lol, with driver support it will be awesome

Clio 172
I have an overclocked 560Ti and mine runs it no issue. Been playing this since it came out, love the idea of finding scopes to upgrade makes some of the guns seriously handy.

Changes to often
I have an overclocked 560Ti and mine runs it no issue. Been playing this since it came out, love the idea of finding scopes to upgrade makes some of the guns seriously handy.

my mate has the same card and it runs great for him, propper rips me stuggling at times with my 7970 lol

Clio 172
TBH the only issue I get with the card is on BF3 when I have to underclock the card to about 850mhz as it gets too hot and bins the game.

Bux

Golf GTD
I bought it and i'm looking forward to when they release Day-Z for it!

For those who don't know, Day-Z is a very popular zombie survival mod for ARMA 2

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
They're doing a standalone version of Day Z soon, using a heavily modified ArmA 2 engine.

Does look promising, just hoping my brother has a computer that can run it by the time it's out.

So is the Alpha worth getting?

Not a 320d
Its worth 'getting' yes. Buggy as hell.

I hope you like the ARMA style of play because its very much different.

Changes to often
I loved ArmA 2 to bits, so will be getting this. Might wait for the Beta, though.

to buy the beta will be 34.99 so its better to buy the alpha now because you get the beta and full game for free ( this is according to the arma website tho lol)

Clio 172
I've been playing a bit of this and what I have gathered so far is, 1.Get on as soon as the servers start, 2.Find sniper rifle, 3.Find decent scope, 4.Bury yourself overlooking general spawn area, 5.Rape everythig that spawns. I don't do this but on the 10 or so servers I have been on this seems to be the norm and i dare you to goto a gun shop.

Changes to often
My mate recorded a funny moment when we were playing the other night lol

Last edited by a moderator:
  Not a 320d
I dont think ill be getting Day Z again. Hacking was a serious problem and I asume still is. But they need to use the new game. Not just Arma2 revamped....

Has it launched then or is it still in beta?

The new Altis map is so, so good. I cant wait to see a DayZ mod for it (i believe someone is in the process of developing one from the ground up, and not a port from Arma 2)

DCi
It's changed from beta to just ARMA3 on my steam library but I didn't spot a download. Ill give it a go tomorrow woo

Changes to often
ive put 210 hours in since the alpha now, just gets better and better, been really enjoying the Altis life servers on there. i am looking forward to a good campaign tho.

Anyone still play this?

I just keep wasting time on the editor bit. Really want to get parachuting into the sea as a diver to work but for some reason the helicopter won't fly high enough if I tell him to "move there"

The c17 mod is pretty cool can hold 52 troops and 1 vehicle so far. Hopefully it gets fixed to it can lock down everything you carry. I'm trying to build a mission where someone calls in support then a c17 full of troops and transport trucks fly and land they all mount to the trucks and drive to the waypoint. Think it is going to take a while.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Yeah I still play it, our server runs the AGM mod and Taskforce radio which makes for some good gaming. Our game server sees a moddest flow of people regularly. Iron Fists is our name.