ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arran's 182 thread

clio 182
Now then guys thought i might aswell start a progress thread. Ill cut the crap and get straight to the current progress:

Bought the car 3/4 weeks ago. Already came with 40mm apex springs ( fail ),Renault turbine wheels in a dyer need of a refurb, janspeed exhaust system built by k-tec with a D-Cat pipe, and some F1 RS stickers scattered around ( had full S/H and resently had belts etc changed :approve: ) The plans were to keep the car looking OEM and factory but with my own personal tocuhes here and there and hopefully get some track use with her.

Anyways the day i bought it she came looking like this:
422103_10150714204455126_514040125_11904142_142088678_n.gif

421833_10150714204900126_514040125_11904143_1938628660_n.gif

It didnt stay un touched from me for long, after a week of enjoying a fast car that can get over speed bumps the abuse started. Started with removing the number plate surrounds with a dealership name printed on and remove the RS F1 stickers to clean the front end up. Also de-tango'd the headlights fitting
silvrtech bulbs:
423564_10150717837580126_514040125_11916105_545092869_n.gif

419001_10150717837940126_514040125_11916107_1001047574_n.gif

finished product:
419469_10150732205250126_514040125_11964532_943194000_n.gif

Service time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( the engine cover will not remain orange as seen )
419469_10150732205270126_514040125_11964533_1883498328_n.gif

Never really used viynal wrap for any of my past cars but have always helped friends etc with wrapping so i thought ide give it a try. Didnt want to go over board but wanted to clean up the exterior plastics and some of the trim on the dash board. After buying som Carbon wrap from a close friend i set about removing and wrapping and re-fitting.....tbh without sounding big headed ive done a f**king quality job ;)
IMAG0479.gif

IMAG0478.gif

IMAG0477.gif

IMAG0476.gif

IMAG0475.gif

IMAG0473.gif

IMAG0472.gif

IMAG0471.gif

Sick an tired of yellow side lights so £4 later and "ooooooosh" a much cleaner look imo
IMAG0482.gif

IMAG0481.gif

cheers

Arran

( watch this space, muc more to come )

RS6 C7
Hi Arran (It's Dan Coton on facebook)

Get signed up as a full member so you have access to the classifieds, IIRC you are trying to swap the turbines for standard 182 wheels?? I'm sure you could sort a deal out on here :)

Nice car by the way but it needs a spiltter & cup spoiler ;)

Titanium 182
I was thinking about trying silver Turbines on mine. This hasn't swayed me either way, I still wouldn't mind trying it.

Agreed they need a refurb though! Other than it looks like a tidy purchase :)

clio 182
Hi Arran (It's Dan Coton on facebook)

Get signed up as a full member so you have access to the classifieds, IIRC you are trying to swap the turbines for standard 182 wheels?? I'm sure you could sort a deal out on here :)

Nice car by the way but it needs a spiltter & cup spoiler ;)

Now then mate :) yeah ill get signed up properly asap. Im in two minds about the wheels ill either find standard or get these poweder coated and get the turbine centre's. Splitter is on the to do list already mate ( wrap in carbon becasue im to tight to spend £££'s on a real one haha ) and if i can find a cup spoiler ill be snatching that up to.

clio 182
havent posted for a while but here are some of the current updates:

after my last post she remained looking like this:
DSCF0116-1.gif

after pulling my finger back out from my a*se i had some spare carbon look viynal, so removed the rear bumper insert and wrapped that but removed the carbon wrap from the side bullest as imo it looked over the top:
IMAG0558.gif

few more carbon wrapped bits inside to cover some of the tatty plastics:
IMAG0563.gif

2 days before the Yorkshire Modified show i took the satin black p*ss can to the turbines in order to cover up how bad they were ( these wouldnt be staying long ):
IMG_0126.gif

clio 182
French style flag added to the grill using viynal from a sign shop.....cost all but nothing, bargin!!! ( pictures from Yorkshire modified show ):
IMG_0316.gif

IMG_0321.gif

after seeing a mk2 ph1 172 with this neat little trick i desided to give it a go my self, so quick trip to tesco to purchase some off the finest craola pens and this happened. its stained the under lines perfectly and wont come out unless properly scrubbed
IMG_0659.gif

clio 182
next up ( along with maintaining her etc ) was some new wheels. wanting to keep the OEM look with my own twist i was on the look out for some standard. Ive always loved the 16" 172 wheels back when i had my first 1.2 mk2 ph1 clio grande, something about them really appealed to me so i was set on finding some. After searching for some i finally came across a set. i personally feel it gives the car a proper clean factory look but to other clio sport owners they will know the score. Quickly fitted some spare tyres i had at work ( 205 45 16 ) and put them on the clio so i could quickly get the turbines sold to help fund the new 195 45 16 toyo t1-Rs ive ordered for next week:
IMG_0886.gif

clioarse.gif

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Turbines looked awesome! If you're selling give me a toot.

172 Sport
+1 I would be interested in the turbines.

They looked shite on a silver car compared to the OE wheels, they look great.

clio 182
the turbines are for sale: x2 tyres are needed, x2 around 4mm 195/45/15v khumo's, paint job isnt perfect at all so will want re-doing :) £140 ono lads

Rs200
lovel car but looks to me like its had a painted front end colour match doesnt look very good, could just be my poop eyesbut i do work in body lol

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
LOVE the 172 wheels on the 182.

Soooo underestimated those wheels.

clio 182
thanks guys for the comments. on todays agender will be to clean up the front and rear calipers and give them a lick of paint to freshen them up abit. Ive was toying with the idea of going yellow but after a mess around on photoshop it looked like it may spoil the clean OEM stlye and dare i say look abit "chav/barry" :-/ So ive opted for some hammerite in anthercite.

NOT THE MOST EXCITING UPDATE I KNOW HA!

will have some pictures up shortly before and after etc

clio 182
right small update with pictures. Calipers painted in beaten metal black hammerite ( hard to see in flicks ) interior bulbs inc boot changed to white LED's, new tyres 205/40/16 ( no more 4x4 tyres haha ) and today the old girl was given a pretty anal detailing session. snow foam, clayed, polished, gloss paint protection, wax'd etc

IMG_1114.gif

IMG_1112.gif

IMG_1110.gif

Monaco 172
Looks awesome! wish i could get mine this clean! looks well with those 172 wheels too, really suit it! nice job :)

clio 182
Looks awesome! wish i could get mine this clean! looks well with those 172 wheels too, really suit it! nice job :)

thanks mate, the 172 wheels are in pretty scabby though, picked them up from RenParts few weeks back!! im either going to DIY refurb or get them blasted and coated depending on what else i i may find haha

where about in york you from mate? Got FaceBook, if so find Arran Douglas Lee, drop me a "ADD"

clio 182
small update. after wrapping my mates mk5 golfs rear lights with "flyeye" he had some spare. Used this stuff before on my old mk5 feista ZS very easy stuff to work with. Not wanting to steer away from the factory look and look "halfraudz" style i desided to give the front end a tougher look by wrapping the fog lights rather the full front end!!............end result is sutble but effective imo :)

IMG_1371.gif

IMG_1373.gif

IMG_1374.gif

clio 182
Re: Arran's 182 progress thread

just a quicky. refurbed my 172 wheels my self as i had a show to attend, not the best paint job but imo looks much much better than flacky curbed wheels. painted them in the same colour as the car and painted the centre cap diamonds in satin black:

not a very good picture to show the wheels but when i get my pictures on Hull Motor show edited and sorted ill get some more posted:

IMG_1648.gif

also a quick question regarding coilovers for the RS clio's. not wanting to spend ££££'s but also not wanting sh*tty ebay specials......any suggestions?

clio 182
Re: Arran's 182 progress thread

started work on tidying the engine bay up. Im currently bidding on a V6 airbox ( 2 days left ) also in the process of painting certain bits. starting off with some of the plastics, bought some crackle black paint although im not 100% on the result so may look for another paint brand this weekend. will hopefully be painting the inlet and the airbox ( if i win the bid ) in the same colour keeping everything neat and tidy. Will also try and make a battery cover to further simplfy things under there!!

anyway 2 pictures of the some of the under bonnet plastics ive painted

IMAG0696.gif

IMAG0697.gif

clio 182
looks a nice finish!!

thanks lad :)

Well i won my bid on the V6 airbox so will hopefully have the filter element and some pipe work this coming week ( bargin at £31 ) then ill get it painted to match the engine cover and other plastics in crackle black.

while board at work i found some silvertech bulbs in my tool box...........so out with the amber and in with the silver. very small and hardly noticable mod but hey looks cleaner:

IMAG0702.gif

clio 182
Collected my V6 airbox the other day and set about fitting it and replacing the "maxpower" special filter that the car same with. Any tips on best way to locate / best way of feeding air etc while still leaving the battery / ecu in place???

IMG_1670.gif

i will be having the inlet painted next, not sure on colour, was staying with the simple black theme but think something bright may suit better? opinions?

Monaco 172
Looking really tidy now Arran, gutted i couldnt get some photos with you before i moved out! as for the inlet colour, what about blue to match the adidas logo? just a thought anyway! cars looking great though :)

clio 182
Looks awesome mate, love to get mine that clean! Is the vinyl wrapping pretty easy to do, fancy the foglight surrounds myself...

Also good touch with the Crayola's, pens or crayons???

thanks mate, the bay is the main thing at present but im going it all my self and as much DIY as i can. The seats were done with crayola fabric pens and a very steady hand ;-) With regards to the wrapping its quite simple really mate, im quite a dab hand at it now. should be able to find some guides online

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
nice, i want to paint my engine block but am abit lazy/putting it off in doing it. have you a link to where you gt your paint from that pretty much the colour i was wanting. :eek: