ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

As Usual, Renault can't find the fault.

182FF c/w Recaros
Dropped my car off this morning.

Few things I asked them to do.

So far only a check on the bonnet cap has been sorted:rolleyes:

Drivers side track rod end had a small amount of play in it.

When I questioned if this had been checked, no result so far.

The main reason was the creaking/squeeking noise I get from the underneath (front) of the car when the car goes over anything other than a totally smooth road.

Also get noise when I turn the steering wheel from side to side. Don't appear to get the noise going round corners (on a normal road surface) though.

Have mentioned this in another post before but the killer for me and the reason I can't show Renault is that this problem only happens after long runs.

3 times now, upon a return from Manchester (100 miles).

When I got to Dover the other day (200 miles) and when I got to Le Mans (highlighted by driving around a bumby campsite) (260 miles - from Calais).

If I go to work (4 miles) it simply doesn't happen.

Appears to be to be some kind of suspension/joints problem yet why would this be totally exaggerated after along run?

A shame that I have to rely on the forums for help. Not that it isn;t appreciated, just that Renault can't ever seem to find anything unless it's something practically hanging off:rolleyes:

mazda 2 sport white
i had this on my 182 05 plate it was the shocker top mount ! went to Leeds and on the way back it started , i got it when i was standing still but move the steering wheel side to side new top mount sorted that out .

182FF c/w Recaros
OK thanks for that.

Will mention it to the guys down at Reno in the morning.

I'm not that mechanically minded anyway but I simply couldn't get my head around what the problem might be and why it only comes along after a period of time.

182FF c/w Recaros
Well another day and no fault found.

Got my car back so will have to live with it.

Problem is, if it only goes pear shaped after a 100 odd mile run, what's the chances that I can take it into a stealer to show them the problem:mad:

Only thing that is clear is that i'll never own another Renault after this one:D

A silver one
I have exactly the same problem and am ringing Renault today to get the car booked in.

When I get in the car from cold it is fine, but once it's been for a hard run run the noise it makes when making slow, small manouvers (sp) like trying to reverse into a space is terrible!!!

The steering squeaks when you turn the wheel from left to right, and suspension sounds like its ready to collapse!

RenaultSport Clio 172

Problem is, if it only goes pear shaped after a 100 odd mile run, what's the chances that I can take it into a stealer to show them the problem:mad:

Only thing that is clear is that i'll never own another Renault after this one:D

Just a thought...

why not take it for a long drive, get it to start doing it, and then take it straight to the dealership and request to take a technician for a drive so they can hear it making the noises?

A silver one

Just a thought...

why not take it for a long drive, get it to start doing it, and then take it straight to the dealership and request to take a technician for a drive so they can hear it making the noises?

I'm thinking that this is what I might have to do if they can't diagnose my problem as it's driving me crazy!

182FF c/w Recaros
I have exactly the same problem and am ringing Renault today to get the car booked in.

When I get in the car from cold it is fine, but once it's been for a hard run run the noise it makes when making slow, small manouvers (sp) like trying to reverse into a space is terrible!!!

The steering squeaks when you turn the wheel from left to right, and suspension sounds like its ready to collapse!

Please report back if you find anything;)

Just a thought...

I will do this but that chances of me being near a stealer after a long drive are remote. Not to mention in office hours.

182FF c/w Recaros
don't let them take a grinder to your top mounts!

They did mention something about grinding away some of the bodywork!

Dom i've a spare set of washers & tony fitted mine ;)

Aye, Tony did mention that.:D

To be honest, I just want to find out definitively, what's wrong and get it sorted.

Something must have happened as it's only been doing it for a short time.

I have trips to Wales, possibly Oulton Park and Spa coming up in the next few months and I don't fancy hearing those noises on those trips.

They said they checked all the car out and found nothing wrong but shirley, with those noises going on, something up fron has been affected/damaged etc etc and has materially changed appearance?

182... again!
Mine was nearside balljoint, did it all the time though!

Diagnosed and fixed by dealer :approve: