ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ask the experts, re: 172

im after some advice and guidance from u guys as u know more about these than i do.

I have now sold my german barge (A3) and i am now in the market for a flame red mk2 172. How much would u guys say is a fair price for the following car:

01(51) RENAULT CLIO 2.0 Sport 172 Manual,
Met Red, 30728 miles, Petrol, Part Leather Trim, A/c, 16 Inch Alloy Wheels, ABS Brakes, Central Locking, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows (front), Power-steering, Radio & Multistack Cd-player, Rear Head-rests,

Cheers

A.

around 10k, do you know if its an import or not ?

if you look on autotrader, you can get a rough idea of how much a similar car goes for.

good choice on the colour mate, as my dads got a 52 plate flmae red 172.

HI Mate,

there are a few 172s for sale at the moment and putting a price on them is difficult as there are people trying for a quick sale, and people who are hanging out for the best price, then theres the traders, who are going to rape you no matter what it is!!!!

take a look at this...

Big Iain is selling his minted 2004 53 plate 172, black though, it has every extra apart from sat nav, i.e cruise control, leather, xenons;) and alot less miles than the car you have quoted!!!!oh and nearly forgot 2 1/2 years warranty left!!!

its definately worth a look, why dont you p.m him...

172fastcup

Quote: Originally posted by 172fastcup on 23 June 2004

HI Mate,

there are a few 172s for sale at the moment and putting a price on them is difficult as there are people trying for a quick sale, and people who are hanging out for the best price, then theres the traders, who are going to rape you no matter what it is!!!!

take a look at this...

Big Iain is selling his minted 2004 53 plate 172, black though, it has every extra apart from sat nav, i.e cruise control, leather, xenons;) and alot less miles than the car you have quoted!!!!oh and nearly forgot 2 1/2 years warranty left!!!

its definately worth a look, why dont you p.m him...

172fastcup
i saw Big iains post and the car looks mint. i hav pmd him already but its a little out of my price range.

what would you guys say if i said that the above red clio is up for £7999. im not sure if its an import.

A.

they all come with the 1/2 leather & zenons, im not sure about the cruise control.

the options were, sat nav, cd changer tele phone equipment (my dads has all of these, his is a nov2002 car)

8k for the red one seems a good price,

did you try and haggle with him???...im sure youll get him to budge if its not too far out your price range..£8000 sounds okay, but you have to find out is it imported, does it come with a warranty??? you could pick up a few nice cups at not far off £8000..

ive got a brand spanking new cup, and i aint looking back;) top wee motta!!

cat, sorry mixed the post up a wee bit, silly me, i was just describing the spec of iains car....doh

bet your dad would love the cruise control??? why doesnt he buy iains car lol, and then he can claim to have every extra and a car thats 2 years younger....sounds good to me....;)

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 23 June 2004

they all come with the 1/2 leather & zenons, im not sure about the cruise control.

the options were, sat nav, cd changer tele phone equipment (my dads has all of these, his is a nov2002 car)

8k for the red one seems a good price,
Sounds like a lovely motor........does he want to sell? ;)

Quote: Originally posted by 172fastcup on 23 June 2004

did you try and haggle with him???...im sure youll get him to budge if its not too far out your price range..£8000 sounds okay, but you have to find out is it imported, does it come with a warranty??? you could pick up a few nice cups at not far off £8000..

ive got a brand spanking new cup, and i aint looking back;) top wee motta!!

I hav considered a cup as they seem cracking little cars, howevert i hav had 2 german cars (mk4 golf gti running 208bhp & a A3 turbo) so i am concerned about the level of trim and noise that the cup offers. i like my creature comforts......im a tart :p

Big iain gave me his bottom figure and it s a no go unfortunately :(

A.

[Edited by 172herts on 23 June 2004 at 1:53pm]

[Edited by 172herts on 23 June 2004 at 1:54pm]

Quote: Originally posted by 172herts on 23 June 2004

I hav considered a cup as they seem cracking little cars, howevert i hav had 2 german cars (mk4 golf gti running 208bhp & a A3 turbo) so i am concerned about the level of trim and noise that the cup offers. i like my creature comforts......im a tart :p

Take a cup out for a test drive, you wont be disappointed mate!!

i drove the 172, 172cup and the 182 the wee cup is a whole lot more fun to drive, but hey i was looking for a wee nimble car too have some fun in!!! so it suited me....as for ther noises and trim its personal preference mate....

p.s and its a nicer colour aswell matey!!!

my dad paid ... wait for it 11900 (from a renault main dealer) it wernt even a year old when he got it ( i dont think it was a bad price considering all it has on it, and there was one with out everything on for 13k, he was good at haggling !!)

its a top car, i dunno if it has cruise, it may do, but hes never bothered to check.

a dude i know has a 53 (pre reg) cup, he paid 10.5k for it not so long ago.

cat - it sounds as tho ur dad got a top deal. fair play.

i think i will take a 172 and a cup out at the wkend, i need to get something sorted as i am driving about in a mk4 astra 1.4 as of tommorrow :sick:

A.

romford, essex

i dont know where the dude got his one from (its a mate of a mate, i only see the dude when we go out on the beer)